First Point: How does the Qur'an point to the major and universal laws in the events which seem minor and unimportant?
FIRST POINT: In the All-Wise Qur’an are numerous minor events behind which are concealed universal principles, and which are shown as the tips of general laws. For example,
He taught Adam the Names, all of them. (Qur’an, 2:31.)
This is the ‘teaching of the Names,’ which was a miracle of Adam before the angels because of his ability to be vicegerent of the earth, and was a minor event. But it forms the tip of a universal principle which is as follows: it was the teaching, due to man’s comprehensive disposition, of countless sciences, and numerous all-embracing branches of knowledge about the universe, and extensive learning about the Creator’s attributes and qualities, which afforded man superiority over not only the angels but also the heavens and earth and mountains in the question of the bearing of the Supreme Trust. And like the Qur’an states that through his comprehensive disposition, man is a spiritual vicegerent of the earth, so the minor event in the Unseen of the angels prostrating before Adam and Satan not prostrating is the tip of a broad and universal observed principle; these hint at an extensive truth which is as follows:
By mentioning the angels’ obedience and submission before the person of Adam, and Satan’s pride and refusal, the Qur’an makes understood that most of the physical beings in the universe and their non-physical representatives and appointed beings are subjugated to man, and that man’s senses are predisposed and amenable to benefiting from all of them. And pointing out what a fearsome enemy and serious obstacle in the path of man’s progress are evil matter and its representatives and evil indwelling spirits, which corrupt man’s nature and drive him down wrong paths, the Qur’an of Miraculous Exposition, while speaking of a minor matter with Adam (Peace be upon him), converses in elevated fashion with the whole universe and all mankind.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- First Station: Answers to some objections and delusions about the Qur'an.
- Second Fundamental Point: The proofs about the eternal happiness in the hereafter.
- Second Point: The lessons in the story of the sacrificing the cow by the children of Israel.
- Fourth Glow: The conciseness of the Qur'an that express general laws in simple events.
- A Flower of Emirdağ: The answer given to the objections for the repetitions in the Qur’an.
- Prophet Adam (Peace be upon him)
- First Addendum: The miraculous aspects of the Qur’an and the proofs that it is the Word of Allah.
- Fifth Quality of Eloquence: The Qur'an shows Divine truths in simple and ordinary events and encourages meditation.
- A Significant Point and Important Mystery: The relation between the branches of science and Divine names.
- Third Point: Salah as the index of all varieties of worship.