Submitted by on Thu, 16/09/2010 - 17:09
Dear Brother / Sister,
The main criterion on clothing of a woman is understood as:
§ Covering the private parts. (The private parts of a woman is the whole body except hands and face)
§ Not wearing transparent, short and tight clothes. (That is to say, the body and underclothes must not be seen.)
While praying woman can wear pants that are suitable to the criterion given above.
Please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- Is it forbidden for women to wear trousers (pants) in Islam?
- Are Muslim girls allowed to wear lose fitting jeans?
- What kind of clothes should women wear (for tasattur)?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? How should a woman dress according to the code of tasattur in Hanafi madhab?
- How did the first tasattur (veiling, covering oneself) start? How did the wives of the Companions of the Prophet (PBUH) carry out the command of tasattur?
- What should the dressing style of a Muslim woman be like?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? To what extent can hands and feet be uncovered? How should the head be covered?
- Is it fard (obligatory) for women to cover their heads?
- Special File Regarding Covering (Tasattur) and Headscarf
- How is a free Muslim woman dresses when there are other people near her?