Will I have the chance not to see people whom I do not want in Paradise?
- It is stated in verse 23 of the chapter of ar-Rad that a person will be joined by the righteous relatives that lived after him or before him. Is this joining a compulsory one?
- If a Muslim does NOT WANT to stay in Paradise with his ancestors before him or his relatives that lived at the same time as him, or with someone who deserved Paradise after him, will Allah put that servant in another paradise?
Submitted by on Tue, 28/06/2022 - 15:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
Allah will give His servants who enter Paradise everything that they want. Therefore, a person of Paradise will never be disturbed, have no sadness or sorrow; and he will be in constant joy.
However, it is not appropriate and realistic to make a decision in this world about Paradise without knowing and seeing Paradise and without being equipped with the features suitable for Paradise and say, “I do not want this or that...”
It should not be forgotten that we must first try to be worthy of Paradise. Assuming Paradise as a guarantee and then saying “I do not want this and that” does not fit servitude and is not appropriate for the spirit of kinship.
If our relatives do not act in accordance with Allah’s consent, it is necessary to act in a way that will enable them to enter Paradise, pray for them and do all kinds of useful things that we can do instead of keeping away from them.
So, the main issue that we need to focus on is not the state after entering Paradise, but to look for ways to be able to go to Paradise with our relatives and focus on it in this world.
As for the verse in question:
The people mentioned in this verse are one’s father, grandfather, wife, children and similar relatives, who are close relatives of that person. When they join that person, his happiness will increase. In fact, if the degrees of the people he loves in Paradise are lower than him, they will be brought together in the higher place, not the lower place.
“And those who believe and whose families follow them in Faith,- to them shall We join their families: Nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his deeds.” (at-Tur, 52/21)
That fact is underlined in the verse above. Those who want to come together will be brought together in the place of those who are at a higher rank. (see Razi, Ibn Kathir, the interpretation of the verse in question)
“But those who believe and work righteousness,- no burden do We place on any soul, but that which it can bear,- they will be Companions of the Garden, therein to dwell (for ever). And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury;- beneath them will be rivers flowing;- and they shall say: “Praise be to Allah, who hath guided us to this (felicity): never could we have found guidance, had it not been for the guidance of Allah. indeed it was the truth, that the apostles of our Lord brought unto us.” And they shall hear the cry: ‘Behold! the garden before you! Ye have been made its inheritors, for your deeds (of righteousness)’.” (al-Araf, 7/42-43)
As it is stated in the verses above, the feelings of grudge, hatred, resentment, envy and jealousy of those who go to Paradise are completely removed from them and thrown away.
As it is understood from the explanations above, nothing unpleasant or distressing will happen to a person in Paradise.
Questions on Islam
- Is it true that men get 72 virgin women in paradise when they die? If so does it apply to a men that are married in this life as well?
- Will there be night and day, brightness and darkness in Paradise? Are there the concepts of morning and evening there?
- Are the things that are considered sins in this world will exist in Paradise?
- Do i have to get married in jannah? Can i be single in jannah? will i get tired of being lonely in jannah?
- Can the spouses continue their lives in the world similarly in the hereafter?
- How will marriage be in Paradise?
- Do the verses of 36-38 shows that there was someone other than Hz. Adam and Hz. Havva (Eve) when they were expelled from Paradise?
- Will the Prophet Adam not be sorry that most of his descendants will go to Hell?
- Will our personality not develop in Paradise?
- Detailed Description of Hoor ul Ain? What is the meaning of "And full-breasted [companions] of equal age" (78:33) Can we get more Hoors by good deeds?