Do the verses of 36-38 shows that there was someone other than Hz. Adam and Hz. Havva (Eve) when they were expelled from Paradise?
Submitted by on Tue, 21/12/2010 - 11:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
The related verse is as follows:
“Then did Satan make them slip from the (Garden) and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: "Get ye down all (ye people) with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling place and your means of livelihood for a time."
“Then learnt Adam from his Lord words of inspiration and his Lord turned toward him; for He is Oft-Returning Most Merciful.”
“We said: "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you guidance from Me" whosoever follows My guidance on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” (al-Baqara, 2/36-39)
The expression that is stated in these verses “Get ye down all (ye people) with enmity between yourselves.” shows that there is someone/some people other than Hz. Adam and Hz. Hawwa. Scholars say that this one is Satan.
Actually, it is understood that the one who intervened in this event is Satan from the expression stated in the first verse “Then did Satan make them slip from the (Garden)…” Therefore, it is understood that the ones who were expelled to the earth was Hz. Adam, Hawwa and Iblis/Satan.
Questions on Islam
- What does Hz. Adam and Hz. Hawwa's getting down to the world with enmity mean? Who are the enemies mentioned in the phrase: "get down with enmity between yourselves"?
- Were Hz. Havva (Eve) and Hz. Adam married? Why were they expelled from Paradise?
- Did Hz. Adam come from Paradise with his body or did his spirit come to the world and his spirit was clad in the body in this world?
- Is it impossible for man to have been created through evolution? Is it contrary to Islam? How is the creation of man narrated in the Quran?
- What is the purpose or benefit of Satan in wanting to deviate man until the day of judgement?
- Why does Satan say to Allah, "Thou hast thrown me out of the way" in verse 16 of the chapter of al-Araf?
- Is Hz. Adam's committing a sin in Paradise not contrary to the attribute of ismah (innocence)?
- What if our father Adam would have not ever been eat that fruit?
- Prophet Adam (Peace be upon him)
- What is universal life? What is man’s original homeland?