When Hz. Ibrahim was given a piece of good news about becoming a parent, which region and nation was he in? Where was Hz Lut and he was the leader of which nation at that time?
Submitted by on Thu, 23/04/2015 - 10:59
Dear Brother / Sister,
Islam scholars state that this immigration was to Harran, Egypt, Damascus, Palestine/Quds/Kanan region depending on their knowledge of history when they explain the surah of al-Anbiya 70-71 and the interpretation of the following verse ‘’Ibrahim, he said: ‘’ I will leave home for the sake of my Allah’’ (surah al- Ankaboot 26/29) (see the interpretation of Tabari, al-Anbiya 12/70,71)
In the two verses after the verse that mentions Hz. Ibrahim's rescue from fire, the immigration towards to the region of Palestine/Quds is indicated as follows:
‘’Then they sought a stratagem against him: but We made them the ones that lost most. But We delivered him and Lut (and directed them) to the land which We have blessed for the nations.’’ (al-Anbiya, 21/70-71)
According to what Ibn Ashur reports, the name of the region where Hz. Ibrahim (pbuh) was born and grew and where his tribe was is Kaldan (Chaldea). He was living in a city named Qusa. In the Torah, this place was called ‘’Ur-al-Kaldan’’ in (Genesis/Isaiah:12). Some people say that it is Urfa in ‘’Ruha’’ region. Then, he began to live with his father and family in Haran/Harran. His father died in Harran. It is inferred that first call of oneness of Hz. Ibrahim is Harran. And then, he immigrated to Kanan (Palestine) region from Harran. (see the interpretation of Ibn Assur, al-Araf 7/80)
It is understood that while Hz. Ibrahim was in Palestine/Kanan, where he moved from Urfa/Harran, the angels came to him.
The place where Hz. Lut served as a prophet is Sadum and Ammura towns belonging to Kanan region, where his uncle Hz. Ibrahim dwelt. (see Ibn Ashur, the interpretation of al-Araf, 7/80)
Questions on Islam
- How many nations and tribes were destroyed? Where, how and why?
- Prophet Lut [Lot] (Peace be upon him)
- Prophet Ibrahim [Abraham] (Peace be upon him)
- How would you answer the claim that Nimrod and Hz. Ibrahim did not live in the same age and that the story of Hz. Ibrahim about being saved from the fire originated from Midrash Rabbah?
- How did Prophet Abraham survive and what kind of a response did he get when he was saved from fire?
- Prophet Ishaq [Isaac] (Peace be upon him)
- What is the story of Hz. Yunus in the holy books like?
- Prophet Shuayb [Jethro] (Peace be upon him)
- Will you give information about Hz. Ishaq (Isaac)?
- Prophet Yusuf [Joseph] (Peace be upon him)