Do Palestinian lands belong to Jews or Muslims?
- Who has the right to Palestinian land? Jews or Muslims?
- Does it not belong to the nation of Prophet Musa (Moses), i.e., Jews?
- (Al-Maida 21):
(The Prophet Moses called to his people:) “O my people! Enter the holy land (Jerusalem and its surroundings), which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.”
- Are the people of Prophet Moses (pbuh) in Palestine not Jews?
Submitted by on Fri, 16/12/2022 - 11:36
Dear Brother / Sister,
1) There are three views on the place translated as “holy land” in the verse:
a) What is meant by it is Baytul-Maqdis. In other words, the place where Masjid al-Aqsa is located and its immediate surroundings.
b) What is meant by it is the lands of Damascus, Palestine and some of Jordan.
c) What is meant by this is the Damascus region. (see Mawardi, Baydawi, the interpretation of the verse in question).
2) What is meant by the phrase “Allah hath assigned unto you” uttered by Moses is the holy places - such as Arab regions in Hejaz and its surroundings, Syria and Palestine - promised to the Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) by Allah.
An important point is this: These regions and towns that Allah promised to the Prophet Ibrahim are not a property that will remain in their hands forever, but a promise to them to settle there.
The claim of the Jews that the “holy lands” were promised to them by Allah through ownership and that no one can own them is completely wrong. This claim is also contrary to historical facts. As a matter of fact, “Allah never fails in His promise.” (see Tafsirul-Manar; Maraghi, the interpretation of the verse in question)
Questions on Islam
- What does “The promised land” that exists in Jewish belief mean? To whom was this land promised and how?
- While the expression “a people, whose fathers had received no admonition” is used in verse 6 of the chapter of Yasin, different expressions are used in the chapters of an-Naml and al-Muminun. Can you explain it?
- There is a verse in the Quran stating that Jews said, “Uzair a son of Allah.” Does it exist in Jewish belief?
- Why are Jews so hostile to Muslims? The following is stated in the Torah: “As for the towns of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not let anything that breathes remain alive.” How can it be possible?
- Why did Allah address Sons of Israel as Jew or Judah (Yehuda)?
- How did the polytheists despise the Muslims when the Persians defeated the Byzantines, which caused the chapter of ar-Rum to be sent down? How did Hz. Abu Bakr and Ubayy ibn Khalaf place a bet upon this chapter?
- Hazrat Abu Bakr Wagers Ubayy Bin Khalaf
- When Hz. Ibrahim was given a piece of good news about becoming a parent, which region and nation was he in? Where was Hz Lut and he was the leader of which nation at that time?
- We do not buy Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola thinking that the money we give is used by the Israeli army against Muslims. What will the degree of our responsibility be if we buy them?
- Who was the Wailing Wall built by? Can you give information about the Wailing Wall?