What is the wisdom behind Allah’s creating some people as disabled? How will be their condition in the hereafter?
Submitted by on Tue, 24/08/2010 - 17:52
Dear Brother / Sister,
Sometimes, Allah cripples one of His slaves by taking his/her foot; In return for it, He rewards him/her in the hereafter. By taking his/her foot, He makes His slave to understand his/her weakness, disability and neediness. By disabling His slave, He turns His slave’s heart to Himself and allows the development of his/her feelings. Thus, by taking very few, He gives him/her many things. So even if not seemingly, but in reality, it is the expression of grace from Allah for His slave. Just like martyrizing His slave at first, and then giving him/her Paradise… A man is being martyrized in a war. By being martyrized, he gains an elevated position which is envied by siddiqs, salehs in the presence of Allah on the Day of Judgment. Other people who see them say: “Ah, if only Allah had granted us martyrdom on the ground of war”. Therefore, even if such a man is smashed into pieces, He is not considered having lost much.
Even if some people scarcely go astray with pessimist feelings of resentment, crestfallenness and inferiority complex, such disabilities induce numerous people to have a feeling of kindness about Allah. In this respect, it is not true to expose the losses of such people. What forms a basis about this subject is to evoke a desire for the hereafter in the souls of man.
“Wisdom is present in every work of Allah, He does not do anything meaningless.” Erzurumlu İ. Hakkı
Questions on Islam
- What is the wisdom behind Allah’s creating some people as disabled? How will be their condition in the hereafter?
- Learning of which sciences gain us the reward (thawab) of worshipping?
- Is it not a torture to restrict ones freedom?
- Is there penalty in the grave? What are the verses in the Quran related to penalty in the grave? If there is penalty in the grave, will it be for the body or the spirit? Is penalty in the grave contrary to Allah’s mercy?
- Is it necessary for a person who has committed fornication to tell his/her spouse about it?
- Are mutations a means for chain of causes for natural selections?
- Is there a hadith like this?; “No one will enter Paradise based solely on his deeds”.
- What is martyrdom? Will you give information about the levels of martyrdom? Who are martyrs? Is a person who is burnt and who is drowned a martyr?
- How can we overcome the fear of death?
- Why are there restrictions for personal freedom in Islam? Why are humans not given the right of living as they wish?