What is the use of jinn? Why did Allah create jinn?
Submitted by on Fri, 22/04/2011 - 11:26
Dear Brother / Sister,
“I have only created jinn and men, that they may serve Me.”(az-Zariyat, 51/56)
56. As for what the essence of the duty that needs to be remembered, I have only created jinns and men, that they may serve. This is the duty that needs to be remembered. The wisdom behind the creation of jinn and man is to know Allah, to serve and to worship Him. The time and deeds spent in order to do other things will be lost and the person who does so will deserve Hell torture. Some scholars interpreted the expression, "that they serve me..." as "that they know me…". Its meaning is: "They must know me as the Lord." Worshipping and serving are deeds that are done willingly; so, the fact that some people avoid it does not refute the fact that it is the perfect aim for man and jinn. It does not mean that what Allah wants does not happen, either, because regarding cases like that "wisdom is not considered in terms of individuals one by one but in terms of the species" as fiqh scholars put it. In short, its meaning is: "We created them so that they would be obliged to worship.” It does not mean: "We decreed that everybody be righteous slaves."
(Elmalılı Muhammed Hamdi YAZIR, Kuran'ı Kerim Tefsiri)
Questions on Islam
- “And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter……” (al-Baqara,191) What does this verse mean?
- Will you explain the verses: “But for such as fear the time when they will stand before (the Judgment Seat of) their Lord, there will be two Gardens.” (ar-Rahman 39/46) and “And besides these two, there are two other Gardens.” (ar-Rahman, 39/62)?
- Can you give information about the meaning of the supplication (dua) and glorification (tasbih) in the prayer and the rewards given for them?
- What animals are mentioned in the Qur´an?
- Is it a sin to kill the insects, mosquitoes, ants and other animal in our houses?
- Is everything mentioned in the Quran?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?
- Why does Allah (SWT) love His slaves?
- Why do we thank? Why do we need to be grateful to Allah (SWT)?
- Is there a hadith as follows?: "Never will succeed such a nation as lets their affairs carried out by a woman."