Is Muhammad (BPUH) the prophet of Jinn? Did our prophet himself convey them to the religion of Islam?
Submitted by on Fri, 08/04/2011 - 11:14
Dear Brother / Sister,
In the Qur’an and in some of the hadith, it is narrated that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) saw the Jinn and He recited the Qur’an and had a conversation with them. [Bukhari, Salat 75, Amal fi's-Salat 10, Bad'u'l Khalq 11, Anbiya 40, Tafsir, Sad; Muslim, Masajid 39, (541)]
“Behold, We turned towards thee a company of Jinn (quietly) listening to the Qur'an: when they stood in the presence thereof, they said "Listen in silence!" When the (reading) was finished, they returned to their people, to warn (them of their sins). They said "O our people! We have heard a Book revealed after Moses, confirming what came before it: it guides (men) to the Truth and to a Straight Path. "O our people hearken to the one who invites (you) to Allah, and believe in him: He will forgive you your faults, and deliver you from a Penalty Grievous.” (Surah Al-Ahqaf, 46/29-31; see Jinn, 72/1-15)
The verses explain that Jinn obeyed our prophet (PBUH) and they also invited their tribes to follow our Prophet, Muhammad (PBUH).
Questions on Islam
- Is Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) also the prophet of jinn? Did the Prophet (pbuh) himself convey the message of Islam to jinn?
- How should we struggle against the wrongdoings done to us?
- What purpose does Prophet Moses’ have by using these words in his prayer; "O my Lord! Expand me my breast, Ease my task for me. And remove the impediment from my speech. So they may understand what I say:”? (Surah Taha, 20/25-28)
- Is it true that the names of the people given to them and the food that they eat affect their disposition (fitra)? Is there any relation between the name and the person named; the food and the one who eats it?
- What are the ways of getting rid of the jinn?
- It is narrated that prophets other than the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to perform salah. Was there the worship of Salah in other religions, too?
- What Does Khatamu´l Anbiya “the Seal of the Prophets” Mean? What are the distinctive characteristics of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH)?
- Is our Prophet (pbuh) any different from other prophets?
- I am afraid of darkness and jinn. What would you advise me to do?
- Will you explain the universality of the Quran by giving examples?