Is Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) also the prophet of jinn? Did the Prophet (pbuh) himself convey the message of Islam to jinn?
Submitted by on Sat, 22/09/2018 - 10:17
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is stated in the Quran and some hadiths that the Prophet (pbuh) saw jinn, recited them the Quran and talked to them. [Bukhari, Salah 75, Amal fis-Salah 10, Bad'ul-Khalq 11, Anbiya 40, Tafsir, Sad; Muslim, Masajid 39, (541)]
"Behold, We turned towards thee a company of Jinn (quietly) listening to the Qur´an: when they stood in the presence thereof, they said, "Listen in silence!" When the (reading) was finished, they returned to their people, to warn (them of their sins). They said, ‘O our people! We have heard a Book revealed after Moses, confirming what came before it: it guides (men) to the Truth and to a Straight Path. O our people! Hearken to the one who invites (you) to Allah, and believe in him: He will forgive you your faults, and deliver you from a Penalty Grievous.'" (al-Ahqaf, 46/29-31; see Jinn, 72/1-15)
It is stated in the verses that some jinn obeyed and followed the Prophet (pbuh) and asked the other jinn to follow him too.
Questions on Islam
- Is Muhammad (BPUH) the prophet of Jinn? Did our prophet himself convey them to the religion of Islam?
- THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JINN
- How did the incident of a group of jinn becoming Muslims take place when the Prophet (pbuh) returned from Taif?
- What are the ways of getting rid of the jinn?
- Jinn and Satans
- What are the jinn? What is their form, shape? What do they do?
- Can you inform us about the attributes of jinns?
- Were jinn created before human beings? Are jinn superior to human beings? Will the realm of jinn be different in the hereafter?
- Did the Prophet see the jinn?