What is the relationship between Allah and the world like?
Submitted by on Tue, 23/06/2020 - 10:57
Dear Brother / Sister,
ALLAH – REALM RELATIONSHIP
Hamdi Yazır explains the relationship between Allah and the realm as follows:
This realm was created to be a mirror to Allah.
“Allah - realm relationship is creation - creature relationship; it is not giving birth -reproduction relationship.”1 That is, Allah is the Creator and the realm is one of His creatures. It is not part of Allah. We can understand it with the example of painter and painting. The painting reflects the art of the painter. The existence of the painting shows the existence of the painter but it is not a part of the painter. A similar relationship exists between Allah and this realm.
This realm was created to be a mirror to Allah. Mawlana states the following regarding the issue:
“What is the mirror of existence? It is non-existence. Existence is seen only in non-existence. As a matter of fact, the rich give food, etc. to the poor.”2
A doctor shows his skill on those who need treatment. A tailor shapes shapeless fabrics. A carpenter turns timber to furniture. The non-existence and deficiency in all of them made them a mirror to Allah’s art.3
Likewise, the mirror of Allah, who has a thousand and one names, is the realm of non-existence. He has created the world and shows His embroidery on it. And His creation of the world is through the command ‘Be!’
1.Yazır, I, 479
2.Mawlana Jalaluddin Rumi, Mathnawi, V, 1482.
3.Rumi, V, 1482.
Questions on Islam
- Is there a realm called the realm of non-existence? If there is, how can it be defined? If there is not, how can something that does not exist be talked about as if it exists?
- What is non-existence?
- Can human beings create something out of nothing when technology advances? Does the property of creating something out of nothing belong to Allah?
- Who is the addressee of the command "Be"?
- What does Allah’s being Everlasting mean?
- Creation through the Language of Sciences
- How can we explain the concepts of existence and non-existence? Can they be described?
- Why does Allah employ causes?
- Sixth Question: Does the verse, ‘Everything will perish save His countenance’ (al-Qasas, 28:88) include the hereafter, Paradise, and Hell?
- Twenty-Fourth Letter: It explains an important secret of the obscure secrets of the universe, and wisdoms behind the manifestations the divine names of ar-Rahim (All- Compassionate) al-Karim (The Generous) and Wadud (Loving). It consists of two stations.