Is there a realm called the realm of non-existence? If there is, how can it be defined? If there is not, how can something that does not exist be talked about as if it exists?
Submitted by on Fri, 13/10/2017 - 16:01
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is no realm of non-existence in the true sense. However, Badiuzzaman Said Nursi calls something that is used in a way that is outside its real purpose "adam al-wujud (non-being, non-existence)".
“Realms of non-existence means the negative outcomes that occur when positive things are abandoned: Negative outcomes like non-existence and deprivation.”
“Wujud” means existence and “adam” means non-existence.
In fact, there is no separate and independent thing called non-existence in this realm. If there were something like that, it would be a different being. The abandoning of existence causes non-existence.
Light is positive and existential. However, darkness has no existence. Darkness is lack of light. As a matter of fact, darkness, which seems to cover everywhere, disappear when the sun rises.
Deterioration of health is called illness; what is not true is called a lie; abandoning honesty is called dishonesty; being deprived of belief is called unbelief; aberration from tawhid (oneness) is called shirk (polytheism).
Performing a prayer is an existential deed; not performing a prayer is a non-existential deed. There is no separate deed callednot performing a prayer but when a person abandons performing prayers, this non-existential deed appears on its own.
Telling the truth is from the realm of existence; telling a lie is anon-existential deed. Seeing is from the realm of existence; blindness is non-existence. If a person blinds another person, it means he works on behalf of the realms of non-existence.
When a person accepts the truth of tawhid, he shows a positive belief. However, shirk is non-existence. Since Allah has no partners, shirk cannot exit from the realm of non-existence. However, some people can support this wrong belief, which is not true. Those mushriks exist but “the existence of shirk” is non-existent.
Questions on Islam
- Can human beings create something out of nothing when technology advances? Does the property of creating something out of nothing belong to Allah?
- What is non-existence?
- What is the relationship between Allah and the world like?
- How can we explain the concepts of existence and non-existence? Can they be described?
- What does Allah’s being Everlasting mean?
- What are the Evidences of Existence of Allah? How can we prove the Existence of Allah?
- How should we understand the statement, "Allah is not anywhere and He is everywhere"? They say, "Allah is very close to us and we are far away from Him." How is it possible?
- Sixth Question: Does the verse, ‘Everything will perish save His countenance’ (al-Qasas, 28:88) include the hereafter, Paradise, and Hell?
- Twenty-Fourth Letter: It explains an important secret of the obscure secrets of the universe, and wisdoms behind the manifestations the divine names of ar-Rahim (All- Compassionate) al-Karim (The Generous) and Wadud (Loving). It consists of two stations.
- Why cannot we see Angels?