What does "Allahumma ajirna minannar" mean?
Submitted by on Mon, 07/09/2020 - 15:04
Dear Brother / Sister,
"Allahumma ajirna minannar."
"O Allah! Protect us from hellfire."
The Prophet (pbuh) states the following for the supplication above:
"When you perform the morning prayer, say the following seven times before speaking to anybody:
Allahumma ajirni minannar = O Allah! Protect me from hellfire.'
If you die that day, Allah will write a decree for you to protect you from hellfire. When you perform the morning prayer, say the following seven times before speaking to anybody:
'O Allah! Protect me from hellfire.'
If you die that night, Allah will write a decree for you to protect you from hellfire." (Musnad, IV/234)
Questions on Islam
- Will you list the supplications (duas) that are read in prayer (salah)?
- Does praying before eating a meal exist in our religion? Did the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) pray before eating a meal?
- What is the decree about saying "Allahumma antassalam wa-minkassalam tabarakta ya dhaljalal-i wal-ikram (O Allah, You are peace, peace comes from You. Blessed are You O Possessor of Glory and Honor)" after a prayer?
- Is prayer invalidated if a person reads the supplication "Tukhrijna" after at-Tahiyyat, Salli and Barik supplications in the last sitting?
- What are the praises snd supplications recited after the preyers (salat)?
- Will you give an example of a nice supplication to read after prayers, in Arabic or English?
- Is there any supplication, prayer to be read to find something lost?
- Rawatib Prayers
- What is the decree of Qunut supplications and how is the situation of those who do not know Qunut supplications and what supplications should be read instead of Qunut by people who do not know them?
- How to make wudu?