Can I learn the supplication to read while getting on a vehicle?
Submitted by on Sat, 22/09/2018 - 11:12
Dear Brother / Sister,
THE SUPPLICATIONS TO READ WHILE GETTING ON A VEHICLE:
1. According to what Imam Malik states, when the Messenger of Allah, (pbuh) set foot in the stirrup intending to travel, he would read the following supplication:
"In the name of Allah. O Allah! You are my companion in the journey and the proxy of my family. O Allah! Spread out the earth for us and make the journey easy for us. O Allah! I seek refuge with You from the hardship of the journey and from returning to sorrow and a distressing sight regarding property and family." (Muwatta, Isti'dhan 34, (2, 977)
2. An animal was brought to Hz. Ali. He set foot in the stirrup and said, "Bismillah" When he sat on the animal, he read the following supplication:
"Subhanalladhi sakhkhara lana hadha wa ma kunna lahu muqrinin. Wa inna ila Rabbina la munqalibun." (from az-Zukhruf, 43/13)
ITS MEANING: " Glory to Him Who has subjected these to our (use), for we could never have accomplished this (by ourselves)."
Then, he prayed as follows:
"Subhanaka, inni zalamtu nafsî, faghfir li, innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa anta."
ITS MEANING: "O Allah! Glory be to you! Indeed I have wronged myself, and there is none who forgives sins besides You."
3. "Allahumma inna nas'aluka fi safarina hadhal-birra wat-taqwa wa minal-amali ma tarda."
ITS MEANING: "O Allah! We ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You."
(Bilal Eren, Açıklamalı Dua Hazinesi)
Questions on Islam
- Will you list the supplications (duas) that are read in prayer (salah)?
- One Supplication Every Week- 1st Week
- One Supplication Every Week- 6th Week
- What is the supplication of Nur adh-dhat salawat?
- What is Salatan Tunjina supplication, its meaning and virtue? Why do some people turn their hands backwards when it is read? Is it a bid’ah or sunnah to read this supplication after every fard prayer?
- What is the decree of Qunut supplications and how is the situation of those who do not know Qunut supplications and what supplications should be read instead of Qunut by people who do not know them?
- What needs to be done before traveling in Islam? Is it a sunnah to choose one of the travelers as the head before setting off?
- Is there a hadith regarding reciting adhan to the ear of a newborn baby? Will you mention a resource, event, etc about it? (How did it start and who started it?)
- When we read the supplication (dua) to be protected from shirk (polytheism), do we get protected from shirk?
- Will you write me a prayer that will help me get rid of distress?