Can I learn the supplication to read while getting on a vehicle?
Submitted by on Sat, 22/09/2018 - 11:12
Dear Brother / Sister,
THE SUPPLICATIONS TO READ WHILE GETTING ON A VEHICLE:
1. According to what Imam Malik states, when the Messenger of Allah, (pbuh) set foot in the stirrup intending to travel, he would read the following supplication:
"In the name of Allah. O Allah! You are my companion in the journey and the proxy of my family. O Allah! Spread out the earth for us and make the journey easy for us. O Allah! I seek refuge with You from the hardship of the journey and from returning to sorrow and a distressing sight regarding property and family." (Muwatta, Isti'dhan 34, (2, 977)
2. An animal was brought to Hz. Ali. He set foot in the stirrup and said, "Bismillah" When he sat on the animal, he read the following supplication:
"Subhanalladhi sakhkhara lana hadha wa ma kunna lahu muqrinin. Wa inna ila Rabbina la munqalibun." (from az-Zukhruf, 43/13)
ITS MEANING: " Glory to Him Who has subjected these to our (use), for we could never have accomplished this (by ourselves)."
Then, he prayed as follows:
"Subhanaka, inni zalamtu nafsî, faghfir li, innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa anta."
ITS MEANING: "O Allah! Glory be to you! Indeed I have wronged myself, and there is none who forgives sins besides You."
3. "Allahumma inna nas'aluka fi safarina hadhal-birra wat-taqwa wa minal-amali ma tarda."
ITS MEANING: "O Allah! We ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You."
(Bilal Eren, Açıklamalı Dua Hazinesi)
Questions on Islam
- Why is the protection of life so important?
- "A person who repents is not regarded as insistent on his sin even if he acts contrarily to his repentance seventy times a day." What is meant by that hadith?
- What are the deeds that are more valuable than the world and whatever is in the world?
- Is tawassul permissible according to verses and hadiths?
- Will you explain the hadith about avoiding doubtful things? " Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them.
- 7. Tabligh (Conveying, proclaiming) Method of Hazrat Muhammad
- How many nations and tribes were destroyed? Where, how and why?
- 5. Hajj (Pilgrimage) and Sacrifice