Will you write me a prayer that will help me get rid of distress?
Submitted by on Fri, 08/03/2019 - 15:14
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to what is reported by hadith resources, when the Prophet (pbuh) felt distressed and sad, he would read one of the following supplications:
a. “La ilaha illallahu Rabbul-arshil-azim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbus-samawati wa Rabbul-ardi wa Rabbul-Arshil-Karim.”(Bukhari, Daawat,27; Muslim, Daawat, 83)
Its meaning: “There is no god but Allah the Incomparably Great, the Compassionate. There is no god but Allah the Lord of the Mighty Throne. There is no god but Allah the Lord of the heavens, the Lord of the earth, and the Lord of the Honorable Throne.”
b. “Ya Hayyu ya Qayyum! Bi rahmatike astaghisu.”(Tirmidhi, Daawat, 91)
Its meaning: “O the One who is always alive and who keeps all beings standing! I ask help from You for the sake of Your mercy.”
c. “Allahumma rahmataka arju fala takilni ila nafsi tarfata aynin, wa aslih li sha'ni kullihi, La ilaha illa anta.” (Abu Dawud, Adab, 101)
Its meaning: “O Allah! Your mercy is what I hope for. Do not abandon me to myself for an instant, but put all my affairs in good order for me. There is no god but You.”
In addition, reading the chapter of al-Inshirah is an important means of eliminating distress and grief, and attaining relief. It will be useful if it is read thirteen times every day. It will be a means of eliminating distress in the heart and overcoming difficulties.
Questions on Islam
- How should we take refuge in Allah from the wickedness of jinn?
- How are the ways of saying prayers (making dua) in verses and hadiths?
- What are the hadiths related to sunnah/nafilah prayers and their virtues?
- Are there any repentance prayers (duas) taught by the Prophet (PBUH)? What prayer should we say when we repent?
- Will you give information about the duas (supplications) and tasbihat (glorifications) read in prayer (salah) and thawabs given for them?
- Can a Muslim recite Allah's names in public by using stone prayer beads? Isn't it a Bid'ah
- Is there a prayer to be read for the disease of epilepsy?
- salattuz tassbhi namaz
- Salat-u Tasbih (The Prayer of Glorification)
- Could you please explain the verse: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer):” (Surah Ghafir, 60)