Will you write me a prayer that will help me get rid of distress?
Submitted by on Fri, 08/03/2019 - 15:14
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to what is reported by hadith resources, when the Prophet (pbuh) felt distressed and sad, he would read one of the following supplications:
a. “La ilaha illallahu Rabbul-arshil-azim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbus-samawati wa Rabbul-ardi wa Rabbul-Arshil-Karim.”(Bukhari, Daawat,27; Muslim, Daawat, 83)
Its meaning: “There is no god but Allah the Incomparably Great, the Compassionate. There is no god but Allah the Lord of the Mighty Throne. There is no god but Allah the Lord of the heavens, the Lord of the earth, and the Lord of the Honorable Throne.”
b. “Ya Hayyu ya Qayyum! Bi rahmatike astaghisu.”(Tirmidhi, Daawat, 91)
Its meaning: “O the One who is always alive and who keeps all beings standing! I ask help from You for the sake of Your mercy.”
c. “Allahumma rahmataka arju fala takilni ila nafsi tarfata aynin, wa aslih li sha'ni kullihi, La ilaha illa anta.” (Abu Dawud, Adab, 101)
Its meaning: “O Allah! Your mercy is what I hope for. Do not abandon me to myself for an instant, but put all my affairs in good order for me. There is no god but You.”
In addition, reading the chapter of al-Inshirah is an important means of eliminating distress and grief, and attaining relief. It will be useful if it is read thirteen times every day. It will be a means of eliminating distress in the heart and overcoming difficulties.
Questions on Islam
- Will you give information about the duas (supplications) and tasbihat (glorifications) read in prayer (salah) and thawabs given for them?
- Why are our prayers not accepted? What is the reason for a prayer not to be accepted?
- What does khushu (humbleness in prayer) mean? What should be done in order to perform prayer in khushu (humbly) and to get rid of heedlessness?
- What are the harms done by sins to man?
- Is it permissible to supplicate (say prayers) on behalf of another person? For instance, the chapters of al-Falaq and an-Nas.
- What are Allah's attributes? How many groups are they divided into?
- After the three months and the fast of Shawwal
- Is there a moment when all prayers are accepted?
- What are the ways of protection from Satan?
- Will Jesus Christ descend again upon earth before the Doom breaks out?