Question 22: What is the purpose of the creation of man?
Submitted by on Mon, 28/09/2020 - 11:04
Dear Brother / Sister,
Answer: Allah expresses the purpose of the creation of man as worshipping:
I have only created Jinn and men that they may serve (worship) Me.1
Thus, the purpose for the sending of man to this world and the wisdom implicit in it, consists of recognizing the Creator of all beings and believing in Him and worshipping Him. However, the whole purpose of life for materialist, atheist philosophers and evolutionists is the world life.
According to materialist evolutionists, the purpose of the creation of all living beings, and especially man, is only to serve their own souls. However, if the wisdom behind the creation of man related to himself is one, the wisdom related to the creator is ninety-nine.
A landlord has the right to design his house as he wishes. He makes some arrangements inside the house based on a number of reasons. It is normal for us not to know the reasons for the arrangements he makes in his house; similarly, Allah has a number of reasons and purposes related to the beings, especially human beings He created. We cannot fully know the reasons for the arrangements someone makes in his house; if we do not know all the reasons for the deeds of the being with infinite knowledge and power in the universe, it does not mean the universe is at large and ownerless.
1.adh-Dhariyat, verse 56.
Questions on Islam
- Question 67: Intelligent design or evolutionary design? It is claimed on the Internet that this universe is a product of bad design and that man was not the most honorable creature but the most miserable creature. What would you say?
- Question 33: The ones that adapt to the environment best survive and weak ones are eliminated. For example, only one of the millions of sperm survives in man. Is it not an indication of merciless law of nature, but not justice?
- Question 38: Does belief in Allah prevent scientific research?
- Question 53: Why do most scientists believe in the theory of evolution? If you say, “They defend this theory because they have no faith”, why do they deny a creator? How can a person, especially a scientist, deny deliberately?
- How does the religion of Islam evaluate death?
- Why do the Majority of Scientists Accept Evolution?
- If one day the creation of universe is explained within physical laws and all questions are answered, do we not need to become atheists? If we need to deny the creator in such a situation, why should we not need to deny the creator?
- Question 29: What is the wisdom behind the creation of some insects like louse that harm man and parasites that disturb man?
- Question 24: Why did Allah create bacteria first, a bit more complex living beings after that, plants afterwards, in a way from simple to complex?
- What are the causes that lead man to deception?