Submitted by on Tue, 24/08/2010 - 08:14
Dear Brother / Sister,
- It is one of the major sins not to make jihad without any excuse.
- During the Age of Bliss, munafiqs (hypocrites) would make up excuses and would not go with the army to make jihad.
- The statements in the verses and hadiths emphasize the hypocrisy in terms of deeds (ethics). For instance, the following hadith: "There are three signs of a munafiq. When he speaks, he tells lies; when he makes a promise, he does not keep it; when he is entrusted something, he betrays." (Tirmidhi, Eeman, 14) and similar hadiths are orders that take precautions and warn Muslims so that they would not approach hypocrisy in terms of belief. When hypocrisy in terms of deeds increases, it may cause the risk of approaching hypocrisy in terms of belief in the future. However, hypocrisy in terms of deeds does not mean that the person is really a hypocrite. That is, a Muslim does not become a munafiq by telling lies or not making jihad in terms of belief. He may have an attribute of munafiqs but he is not a munafiq. Therefore, not everybody that has an attribute of munafiqs can be called a munafiq. Only Allah and the person that He informs about munafiqs know who is a munafiq.
Questions on Islam
- verse of the sword
- Munafiqs Appear
- RELIGIONS, RITUALS AND DOCTRINES
- How should we understand verse 89 (…slay them wherever ye find them…) of the chapter of an-Nisa?
- How do we understand that we believe in Allah's existence by approving it with our heart? How do we understand whether we believe in something or not?
- How should we understand the hadith "The only difference that distinguishes between a Muslim and an unbeliever is prayer (salah)"?
- There is a hadith that is narrated as follows: "An illegitimate child is the evilest of the three evils." How should this narration be interpreted under the light of the verse, "No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another"?
- The Battle of Sons of Mustaliq
- Does the Lord of the Quran make plans (set traps)? How can we answer those who make these claims by using some verses as excuses?
- How should we understand the hadith "The only thing that distinguishes between a Muslim and an unbeliever is prayer"?