How should we understand the hadith "The only thing that distinguishes between a Muslim and an unbeliever is prayer"?
Submitted by on Mon, 07/09/2020 - 14:47
Dear Brother / Sister,
"Between man and unbelief/polytheism is abandoning performing prayers.“ (Muslim, Iman 134; Abu Dawud, Sunnah 15)
“The covenant between munafiqs (hypocrites) and us is prayer.” (Tirmidhi, Iman 9; Nasai, Salah 8)
The threats in hadiths above are about those who “who deny that performing prayers is fard or those who regard not performing prayers legitimate”. Polytheism and hypocrisy are not in question for a person who accepts prayer as a command of Allah but acts lazily related to performing prayers. Such Muslims do not become unbelievers or munafiqs.
However, it should not be forgotten that a person who does not perform prayers will be exposed to some dangers over time.
Questions on Islam
- How should we understand the hadith "The only difference that distinguishes between a Muslim and an unbeliever is prayer (salah)"?
- Can you inform us about the Importance of Prayer by considering these two Hadiths?
- Some people claim that not performing prayers is shirk (polytheism) and unbelief. How true is their statement?
- obligatory fighting?
- What is the source of the following hadith: Will you explain it? “He who performs the morning prayer is under the protection of Allah. If somebody harms such a person, Allah will throw him into Hell.”
- Will you give information about mutashabih hadiths? (He will open His leg and show His thigh; artists; in a cloud...)
- The following is stated in verse 193 of the chapter of al-Baqara: "Fight with them until religion should be only for Allah." Does religion not belong to Allah anyway? What is meant in the verse?
- Is the statement "Religion is high ethics. A person with high ethics is good at any age.” a hadith? Will you explain it?
- Is there a hadith about saying salawat for the Prophet after fard prayers?
- Will you explain the hadith “He who misses friday prayer without any excuse should give one dinar as sadaqah”? Will it be enough for a person who skips friday prayer to give a little amount of money as sadaqah?