Submitted by on Wed, 18/08/2010 - 07:35
Dear Brother / Sister,
According to majority of the scholars it is not permissible to fulfill your sexual desires with your hand. It is considered Haram. “Those who guard their sexual organs except with their spouses or those whom their right hands possess, for (with regard to them) they are without blame. But those who crave something beyond that are transgressors.” (Al-Mu'mun: 5-7). Commenting on these verses, some scholars of Shafi, Maliki and İmam-ı Nesefi hold the view that masturbation is unlawful (Haram). 5
For more information please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- What are the Miracles of the Quran? Will you give examples?
- What is the sin of watching haram (forbidden) things? Will you give detailed information about looking at haram?
- Why does Allah say "He is the most merciful", instead of "I am the most merciful" in the Qur'an? Why does He use the third person pronoun and sometimes the second person pronoun?
- Is taking photos allowed and do they (photos) prevent someone from praying?
- What are the types of backbiting? Why and to what extent is backbiting bad?
- Is Smoking Haram?
- Considering the command of the verse;`they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty.` Could you please give advices about protecting the eyes from harams?
- Do zarurahs (necessities) render harams halal? Is it possible in Islam to abandon fards for harams or to commit a haram deed for something fard? If yes, when?
- Is looking at the beautiful a good deed, how should we understand that word?