Submitted by on Tue, 24/08/2010 - 16:53
Dear Brother / Sister,
Forbidden Acts Requiring a Make-up Day:
Ejaculation that occurs with pleasure by kissing, touching, and masturbation.
The fast is broken if man or woman ejaculates because of masturbating and this requires only one day qadha but not a kaffarah.
According to majority of the scholars it is not permissible to fulfill your sexual desires with your hand. It is considered Haram. “Those who guard their sexual organs except with their spouses or those whom their right hands possess, for (with regard to them) they are without blame. But those who crave something beyond that are transgressors.” (Al-Mu'mun: 5-7). Commenting on these verses, some scholars of Shafi, Maliki and İmam-ı Nesefi hold the view that masturbation is unlawful (Haram). 5
They assert that if it was allowed, it would have been given a sample from the life of our prophet. Imam Ahmet bin Hanbel and Ibn-I Hazm regarded semen as an excretion of the body like other excrete, and permitted its expulsion the same way like blood letting is permitted. However Hanbeli jurists gave permission to masturbation under two conditions: first, the fear of lapsing in adultry, and the second is not to be able to afford marriage.
Ibn-i Abidin reporting the opinions of Hanef-i School gives some assessments of some scholars concerning this subject. Fakih Ebulleys affirms that I hope it is no sin to relieve sexual desire for a person whose carnality becomes so dominant that it occupies him more than anything else, who is single or can’t be together with his wife for some reasons. However, he will be sinful when he does so just to tempt his sexual appetites. 6
Moreover Shurunbilali being one of the scholars of Hanefi Jurists is of the opinion that masturbation is excusable for an unmarried man to release his tension during the risk of adultery. He gains neither sin nor good deed because of it. But he shall be sinful if it is done merely for the sake of pleasure. (7)
For more information please click on the links given below;
Questions on Islam
- How do I abstain from masturbation successfully? Can You Enlighten Me About the Islamic Ruling on Masturbation, Its harms, Ways of Getting Rid of It?
- Is it permissible to do anything sexual with my partner other than sexual intercourse during the holy month of Ramadan?
- Is the fast broken because of kissing or embracing?
- Is it a sin for the wife and husband to avoid having intercourse with each other? Can a man or woman reject the sexual desire of their spouses when they are sick?
- Does touching break fasting in the Holy month of Ramadan?
- assalamualaikum need help n dont know wat to do
- When is ghusl necessary?
- Is it permissible for man to wear an earring?
- transparent sticky liquid drop leak during fast does it break my fast