Is it true that more women go to hell than men? If the answer is "yes" then why?
Submitted by on Sat, 12/12/2009 - 18:50
Dear Brother / Sister,
Bukhari (Hayd, 6; Zakat, 44) and Muslim (Eeman 122) reported this Hadith in their books. Evaluating the narration coming from Bazzar, Haythami said that it was trustable (sound). (see Majmau’z-zawaid, 3/118).
It will be useful to explain some points regarding the Hadith:
The Prophet said that hadith to encourage women to give sadaqah, not just to blame them.
-Being in majority does not mean that the number of women will be much greater than men in Hell. The judgment will be true even if there are two women more than men in Hell.
-There are two crimes that women did more than men and those crimes increased the amount of women who will go to Hell. One of those crimes: women curse everything without paying much attention to whether they are men, women, children, things or animals. The other is that they are so ungrateful to people who do good deeds and favors, especially to their husbands. Even if they always receive kindness from a man, they can forget about all of those good deeds and favors if they are exposed to only one unpleasant act.
-After we see the conditions of women in today’s world, we think it is easier to understand that Hadith.
The number of women can always be more than the number of men. Especially those born towards the end of time on the earth will be women. There are some signs in the narrations about the issue. When the issue considered in the light of things mentioned above, the issue will be clearer.
Questions on Islam
- Would you like to explain the verse 72 of Chapter Al-Ahzab?
- Would you like to explain the verse 25 of Surah An-Noor?
- What is the point of view of our religion about the peace-giving and healing effects of the precious stones?
- How old were Hz. Adam and Eve when they were born?
- Is Mahshar will be held on the plain of Arafat?
- Will the majority of women go to hell?
- Is it permissible to buy the goods from someone who is known to have gained the goods through a forbidden and unlawful way?
- What are the criteria for social intercourse with non-Muslims? Is it permissible to be business partners with them?
- What would you say about the equality of men and women?
- Why is Hell eternal for unbelievers?