Is it permissible to be busy with something while the Quran is recited?
Submitted by on Fri, 01/04/2016 - 00:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
If the Quran is recited by a person and if we hear it, it is fard to listen to it and to keep silent. It is not permissible to be busy with something else.
However, it is not fard to listen to the Quran recited on television, computer, radio, etc. However, we will get rewards if we listen to it. Therefore, it is permissible both to listen to the Quran from an electronic device and to study if one has no intention of insulting the Quran. (see Elmalılı Hamdi Yazır, Tafsir, Interpretation of Araf 204)
Questions on Islam
- What is the decree about eating and drinking something while the Quran is being recited?
- Is it necessary to listen to the Quran until it ends when it is listened from TV and radio? Is it a sin to change the channel when the Quran is broadcast? Is it permissible to listen to the Quran while working?
- Friday Prayer
- Will you give information about the Imams of the four madhhabs?
- What is adhan?
- Prayers in Congregation
- What are the types of backbiting? Why and to what extent is backbiting bad?
- The Principles of Prayer
- Why is the name of the madhhab called Hanafi (the name of the daughter of the founder) though his real name of the iamam of the madhhab is Imam al-Azam?
- Things that invalidate prayer