Is it permissible to be busy with something while the Quran is recited?
Submitted by on Fri, 01/04/2016 - 00:08
Dear Brother / Sister,
If the Quran is recited by a person and if we hear it, it is fard to listen to it and to keep silent. It is not permissible to be busy with something else.
However, it is not fard to listen to the Quran recited on television, computer, radio, etc. However, we will get rewards if we listen to it. Therefore, it is permissible both to listen to the Quran from an electronic device and to study if one has no intention of insulting the Quran. (see Elmalılı Hamdi Yazır, Tafsir, Interpretation of Araf 204)
Questions on Islam
- Is it necessary to listen to the Quran until it ends when it is listened from TV and radio? Is it a sin to change the channel when the Quran is broadcast? Is it permissible to listen to the Quran while working?
- What is the decree about eating and drinking something while the Quran is being recited?
- Will you give information about the experiment showing that crimes decrease twenty-five percent with prayer?
- Is a person who can read the Qoran regarded to have done a khatm (complete recitation of the Qoran) by observing and following someone recite it, or a person who cannot read the Qoran by listening to someone recite it? Is a person regarded to have done a
- Is it compulsary for women to cover their head when the adhan is called and when the Quran is recited?
- Is it permissible to read the Quran aloud in a place where there are other people?
- What is the importance of Friday and what are the deeds of worship to be performed on that day?
- Friday Prayer
- Is it permissible for menstruating women to read the Holy Qur’an and its translation; is it also necessary to cover the head while reading?
- Is it permissible to have a religious talk or to read the Quran while adhan is being called?