Is it necessary to listen to the Quran until it ends when it is listened from TV and radio? Is it a sin to change the channel when the Quran is broadcast? Is it permissible to listen to the Quran while working?
Submitted by on Tue, 05/04/2016 - 20:41
Dear Brother / Sister,
1. It is necessary to listen to the Quran and it is fard to keep silent when a human reads it aloud and if we hear it. It is not permissible to be busy with something at that time.
2. However, it is not fard to listen to the Quran from devices like television, computer and radio. It does not come from a human directly. It is the reflection of human sound from a device recorded earlier. However, one gets thawab (reward) if he listens to it. (Elmalılı Hamdi Yazır, Hak Dini, Tafsir of al-A'raf 204)
Therefore, it is permissible to change the channel where the Quran is read if it is not done with an intention of insult.
It is permissible to be busy with something while listening to the Quran from devices like a computer and television.
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to be busy with something while the Quran is recited?
- To what extent are friendships of chat right? How can the families that crack online be saved?
- Is it possible to do a khatm al-Quran by following or listening to it from a device like a TV set, telephone or computer?
- Is it permissible to perform prayer when the computer or television is on?
- What are the types of backbiting? Why and to what extent is backbiting bad?
- LIMITS OF SCIENCE AND RELIGION
- The Returning Sky
- Special File of Sexuality Test
- What is the decree about eating and drinking something while the Quran is being recited?