Is it compulsary for women to cover their head when the adhan is called and when the Quran is recited?
Submitted by on Sun, 19/09/2010 - 15:56
Dear Brother / Sister,
A woman does not have to cover her head when the adhan is called and when the Quran is recited if there are not any non-mahram men around.
Questions on Islam
- How is it necessary for a woman to cover her body at home? Do angels run away if her head is uncovered?
- Is it right for women who are dressed according to Islamic rules to wear their headscarves covering their shoulders?
- Can there not be fashion of tasattur (hijab)? Can Fashion be Associated with Hijab?
- How is a free Muslim woman dresses when there are other people near her?
- Is it permissible for women to do sports in places where men are present?
- Is it necessary for relatives and family friends to sit separately (men and women in separate places/rooms)? How should a man act when one of his adult sisters-in-law stays in his house for the night?
- Is it religiously permissible for a woman to wear a gold bracelet or a gold name bracelet?
- Is it a sin to go on holiday to the seaside in summer? We go to the seaside but women and men go swimming together. Is it appropriate for us to be there; is it appropriate for my spouse to swim there?
- Who are mahram men for a woman? Who are the men that are regarded as mahram and non-mahram for a woman? Are maternal and paternal uncles mahram?
- How can we avoid Looking at Harams? What is the Sin of Watching Haram things?