How is it necessary for a woman to cover her body at home? Do angels run away if her head is uncovered?
Submitted by on Thu, 31/03/2016 - 00:29
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is permissible for a woman to leave her head uncovered at home if there are no non-mahram men. (al-Fatawa'l-Hindiyya, V/333). For, the parts of the body of a woman that need to be covered among mahram people are between her knees and navel. If there are non-mahram men at home or if she is outside, it is haram for her to uncover her head.
(see Halil GÜNENÇ, Günümüz Meselelerine Fetvalar, II/167)
Questions on Islam
- Can there not be fashion of tasattur (hijab)? Can Fashion be Associated with Hijab?
- How should a woman’s outside covering be? How should a woman dress according to the code of tasattur in Hanafi madhab?
- What should the dressing style of a Muslim woman be like?
- How is a free Muslim woman dresses when there are other people near her?
- Is it fard (obligatory) for women to cover their heads?
- Is it permissible for women to do sports in places where men are present?
- Is it compulsary for women to cover their head when the adhan is called and when the Quran is recited?
- What should a girl who wants to dress in accordance with tasattur / wear hijab but whose family opposes it do?
- Is it OK that I don't wear the hijab yet?
- Does wearing hijab (tasattur) cause bone thinning (osteoporosis)?