Is it permissible to read the Quran aloud in a place where there are other people?
When I read the Quran at home, I read it aloud but my family does not like it and starts to grumble. Is it a sin? Should I read the Quran silently?
Submitted by on Tue, 16/04/2019 - 15:27
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is a deed of worship to read the Quran but it is fard al-kifaya to listen to it. (Ibn Abidin, Raddul-Muhtar, II, 268)
For the following verse orders us to listen to the Quran that is read: “When the Quran is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy.” (A’raf, 7/204)
When the environment is not suitable to listen to the Quran, it is not appropriate to read it aloud.
Questions on Islam
- What is the wisdom behind reading al-Fatiha in every rak'ah of five daily prayers?
- What are the frequent questions related to sacrificing an animal and their answers?
- Is it permissible to hold and read the translation of the Quran without wudu? How should respect to the Quran be?
- First Topic: It is an answer given to Satan and the delusion of his followers about the Quran.
- What are the hadiths and views of Islamic scholars about listening to musical instruments?
- Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever miss any prayers and perform qada (missed) prayers?
- Is it regarded as haram for a woman to be a fashion designer and to earn money by designing and sewing non-Islamic dresses when necessary?
- Will you explain verse 282 (Mudayana/Loan) of the chapter of al-Baqara? What is the wisdom behind the phrase "take witness when you lend money" in the verse?
- Is it permissible to recite the quran with taghanni and as if singing?
- Is the Quran makhluq (something created)? Is it true that some madhhab imams were tortured because of this issue?