Is it permissible to apply "Henna" to the head while fasting?
Details of the QuestionI WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WEATHER I CAN APPLY HENNA [MEHENDI] ON MY HEAD DURING THE FAST PERIOD I MEAN TO SAY [ROZEY SE ] IT IS ACTUALLY I APPLY TO COVER THE GREY HAIR BUT ONE OF MY FREIND TOLD ME THAT I CANNOT APPLY WHILE FASTING IS IT SO PLZ TELL ME KNOW
Submitted by on Mon, 14/09/2009 - 07:45
Dear Brother / Sister,
There is nothing wrong in applying HENNA to your head while fasting. It is permissible. It does not invalidate your fast.
Questions on Islam
- Does it invalidate the fast to apply surma (eyeliner), to put medicine on a wound, and to apply ointment on it?
- Is it permissible to use Miswak while fasting?
- Is there a kind of fasting like the fasting of the Prophet, the fasting of water and the fasting of hunger?
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- Does it invalidate the fast if somebody kisses his wife?
- Do treatment methods like sprays, eye-nose-ear drops, endoscopy, anesthesia, suppositories, enema, injections, serum, donating blood, dialysis, angio, biopsy, ointment, medicine and gynecological examination invalidate fasting?
- Is it permissible to wear contact lenses while fasting?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Is it permissible for a pregnant and breast-feeding woman not to fast?
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS