intercourse during fasting
Submitted by on Wed, 01/09/2010 - 05:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
Sexual intercourse during fasting from dawn to dusk is not permissible. Sexual intercourse while fasting during the day invalidates the fast. The penalty is to fast an additional period of 60 continuous days. If one is not able to do so then he must feed sixty poor people-one average meal each. But it is permissible to have sexual intercourse after iftar (Breaking the fast after sunset) until the time of imsaq (abstinence).
To fornicate means to have sexual intercourse with a woman that one is not married to. The Arabic root of the word fornication (zina) is zana. The lexical meaning and term meaning of the word zina are the same. It means the sexual intercourse of a man and woman who are not married to each other from the front part of their bodies. The man who fornicates is called “zani” and the woman is called “zaniyah”.
for more information please click on the link given below;
Questions on Islam
- If the engagement ceremony is contrary to Islam, Is the person regarded to be polytheist (mushrik)?
- engagement with a non muslim.
- husband torture n refuses to accept khula wat should i do
- Unable to accept the khula from wife.
- Assalm me and my husband did nikah since last 9 months, i am from mauritius and he from pakistan we did nikah in UK. since then he behaves very badly towards me, everyday he chat with other girls on Net and beat me, torture and dominate me for small thing
- salattuz tassbhi namaz
- What is the state of the non-Muslims who are not informed about the religion of Islam?
- What is your opinion about 30 hours of Famine Campaign?
- What is Fornication (ZINA)?
- Is it permissible to do anything sexual with my partner other than sexual intercourse during the holy month of Ramadan?