engagement with a non muslim.
Submitted by on Thu, 02/09/2010 - 13:04
Dear Brother / Sister,
If the engagement ceremony is contrary to Islam, he is regarded to have committed a sin but he is not regarded to be a polytheist (mushrik) because he has belief in his heart. He should repent. Besides, if his fiancée is not a Muslim or someone from the People of the Book (a Christian or Jew), it is not permissible for him to marry her. Their marriage is regarded invalid, and their intercourse is regarded as fornication.
Questions on Islam
- If the engagement ceremony is contrary to Islam, Is the person regarded to be polytheist (mushrik)?
- intercourse during fasting
- What is the state of the non-Muslims who are not informed about the religion of Islam?
- Unable to accept the khula from wife.
- What is your opinion about 30 hours of Famine Campaign?
- salattuz tassbhi namaz
- husband torture n refuses to accept khula wat should i do
- Assalm me and my husband did nikah since last 9 months, i am from mauritius and he from pakistan we did nikah in UK. since then he behaves very badly towards me, everyday he chat with other girls on Net and beat me, torture and dominate me for small thing
- Is the money given to non-Muslims to help them or as charity regarded as sadaqah? Or, should we give it to others?
- How should engagement and the period of engagement be? What should the criterion for the engaged couple to meet each other be?