I am a woman who does not wear hijab but I perform prayers. Are the prayers performed by a woman who does not wear hijab valid?
Submitted by on Tue, 31/10/2017 - 11:31
Dear Brother / Sister,
We do not know any hadiths stating that the prayers of women who do not wear hijab are not accepted. Besides, even if a woman does not wear hijab, her prayers and other deeds of worship are valid.
Prayer is a deed of worship that Allah wants from us. There are other deeds of worship and haram deeds that we have to avoid. Therefore, we will be rewarded for the good deeds we do and punished for the sins we commit.
Besides, in the hereafter, Allah will evaluate all of the deeds a person did. Our religion, which regards even removing a barrier from the way as a deed of worship, will definitely reward a person for prayers, which is a very important deed of worship.
For instance, a girl who does not wear hijab receives rewards when she performs prayers. She commits a sin when she goes out without hijab. One of them does not prevent the other.
It is certain that the other deeds and attitudes of a person who performs prayers need to be good. However, we cannot say that a person’s prayers will not be accepted just because he/she commits a sin. We hope the prayer he/she performs will prevent him/her from bad deeds.
We should not forget that awrah places have to be covered while performing prayers. It is necessary for a woman to cover her body except her hands, face and feet while performing prayers.
Questions on Islam
- Is wandering of a woman without a headscarf an obstacle for her worshipping?
- Does a person who does not perform prayers get the thawab (reward) of the good deeds that he does?
- Is it makruh (abominable) to perform prayers by wearing pajamas, a nightgown or a tracksuit?
- Is it true that we cannot perform prayers for 40 days after drinking alcohol?
- Some people claim that not performing prayers is shirk (polytheism) and unbelief. How true is their statement?
- Is the worshipping of a person who does not perform five daily prayers not accepted?
- Prayers in Congregation
- It is said that there is a hadith stating that the religion of a woman is half or incomplete. Is there a hadith like that?
- What are the types of worshipping that women can perform in their menstruation period?
- Is it not permissible for a woman to perform prayers without a headscarf? Is it necessary to ensure tasattur (veiling) in order to perform prayers?