Is the hadith about the acceptance of prayers on Friday sound?
- "There is a fortunate hour on Friday. If a person finds that time and asks something good from Allah, Allah will give it to him. If it is not his share, Allah will give him something better in the hereafter. If a person prays for the elimination of a trouble at that hour, Allah will accept his prayer and eliminate a bigger trouble about him." Is the hadith above sound?
Submitted by on Fri, 11/05/2018 - 10:30
Dear Brother / Sister,
The narration of the hadith –in the form that is mentioned in the question- is reported by Tabarani, Ibn Marduya and Ghazali. However, this hadith is weak since the chains of the narrators are weak. (see Zaynul-Iraqi, Takhriju Ahadithil-Ihya, 1/211)
However, there are sound hadiths regarding the issue. One of them is as follows:
The Prophet (pbuh) said, "There is an hour on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, Allah will definitely meet his demand." And he (the Prophet) pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands when he said this. (see Bukhari, Jumu`a 37, Talaq 24, Daawat 61; Muslim, Musafirin 166, 167, Jumu`a 13-15)
Questions on Islam
- What is the importance of Friday prayer?
- Is the hadith "I was sent to you at a time when the Last Day is very close like these two fingers" sound? How should we understand this hadith?
- What is the importance of Friday and what are the deeds of worship to be performed on that day?
- Is the hadith about not letting children go out at night and the necessity of covering the food and drinks sound?
- Is he who says “la ilaha illallah” saved from the punishment of Allah?
- How should we understand the hadith "If a person says 'inshaallah' (if Allah wills) when he speaks, it shows the perfection of his belief"?
- Is there a hadith that means: A breeze blows in Paradise, trees sway and such a melody is heard that if someone heard it in the world, he would die of pleasure?
- Friday Prayer
- It is stated in hadiths that amanah (honesty/trust) settled in the roots of men's hearts. What is this amanah? What is the reason why amanah is taken away from hearts?
- Will you explain the meaning of the following hadith: "Fear the curse of the oppressed as there is no screen between his invocation and Allah"?