Is there a hadith about performing the first sunnah of the Friday prayer?
Submitted by on Fri, 22/07/2022 - 11:34
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hanafis and Shafiis regard it appropriate to perform a four-rak’ah prayer before the fard of the Friday prayer. One of their evidences is Ibn Umar’s performing a long prayer before the Friday prayer and saying that the Messenger of Allah did like that too (Abu Dawud, Salah 238); another one is that Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud performed a four-rak’ah prayer before the fard of the Friday prayer and a four-rak’ah prayer after it. (Tirmidhi, Jumu’a 24)
There is another narration: "The Prophet performed a four-rak’ah prayer before the Friday prayer and a four-rak’ah prayer after it; he did not divide the prayers with salutations." (Zaylai, Nasbur-Raya, II, 206)
Questions on Islam
- Is it permissible to perform only the fards of the daily prayers and to abandon the sunnahs?
- What should a person do if he sits down in the third rak’ah of a four rak’ah prayer by mistake?
- Is it permissible to perform the last sunnahs of the noon and night prayers as four rak’ahs?
- How and when is the noon prayer performed on Friday?
- What should we do if iqamah is called while we are performing a sunnah prayer?
- Why do we need to read Subhanaka supplication when we stand up for the third rak’ah after the first sitting when we perform the sunnah prayers of the afternoon (asr) and night (isha) prayers?
- Is it permissible not to perform the sunnah prayers? We are sometimes very tired. They say the Prophet (pbuh) sometimes abandoned the sunnahs of the afternoon and night prayers. Is it true? How often did he abandon them?
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The First Sunnah)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (Fard)
- How to perform the noon (zuhr) prayer (The Last Sunnah)