Eating After Makin Niyah With Sehri Time Left
Submitted by on Fri, 03/09/2010 - 06:02
Dear Brother / Sister,
Even if a person utters the words of intention for fasting, he can eat until the time of imsak starts because fasting starts with imsak. He does not have to utter the intention of fasting again after eating and drinking.
Questions on Islam
- When does Suhur end?
- When does the time for fasting start, with imsak or adhan? Is it permissible to eat until adhan ends?
- Is it permissible to continue eating and drinking while adhan is called at suhoor and until adhan ends?
- How did people determine the time of imsak in the past? I heard from old people that they determined the time of imsak when it became bright enough to distinguish black thread from white thread. However, it is very dark at the time of imsak.
- Will you explain the statement "eat and drink, until the white thread appears to you distinct from the black thread..." mentioned in verse 187 of the chapter of al-Baqara? How will people living at the poles perform fasting?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Sometimes in some countries, people start fasting earlier saying that the new moon has been seen. What is the criterion of seeing the new moon? How should the believers act regarding the issue?
- The duration of suhur (a meal taken before fajr in the month of Ramadan) and the time of the morning prayer
- is the Sehri a must
- Is it permissible to continue eating and drinking at suhur when adhan is being called?