When does Suhur end?
When does Suhur end?
Submitted by on Thu, 15/06/2017 - 16:42
Dear Brother / Sister,
Talk b. Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) tells:
The Messenger of Allah stated:
"Do not let the fajr al-kazib (the false day break) prevent you from eating or drinking so eat and drink until fajr al-Sadiq, (the true daybreak) till the true fajr appears." (Abu Dawud, Sawm: 17; Tirmidhi, Sawm: 15)
According to the relation of Bukhari and Muslim from Ibn Mas’ud (may Allah be pleased with him), the Messenger of Allah said “It is a brightness seen as horizontal, but not vertical” when he was describing “the true fajr.” (Bukhari, Adhan: 13, Talaq: 24, Khabar al- Wahid: 1; Muslim: Siam: 40)
Fajr means dawn time. It indicates the time Suhur ends and the Morning Prayer can be performed.
The false fajr is a light brightness seen vertically when close to morning in the horizon and which is visible only for a short time. That brightness disappears and after 20-25 minutes, then the true fajr appears. That time, a horizontal brightness among the horizon line appears. That brightness is also called “breaking of the day.”
Thus, the Prophet (pbuh) advices not to esteem the first brightness seen in the horizon.
The time taking place in the daily calendars and known as “imsak” is the time of the true fajr. Adhan for the Morning Prayer is called at that time. In this way, both the time of imsaak begins, fasting starts and salat al-fajr is performed.
Questions on Islam
- When does Suhoor (a meal taken before fajr in the month of Ramadan) end?
- How should the person who realizes when he wakes up that he is junub (ritually impure) continue with the fasting? Does getting blood drawn invalidate the fast?
- When is it appropriate to perform fasting about holy nights; on the day before the night or after the night?
- Special File for Ramadan
- The duration of suhur (a meal taken before fajr in the month of Ramadan) and the time of the morning prayer
- What to do on the Night of Power (Laylatul-Qadr)?
- Is it permissible to use Miswak while fasting?
- Time of iftar (breaking of fast)
- Sometimes in some countries, people start fasting earlier saying that the new moon has been seen. What is the criterion of seeing the new moon? How should the believers act regarding the issue?
- One should break the Ramadan fast quickly