Do animals and plants have spirits?
Submitted by on Fri, 01/04/2016 - 23:12
Dear Brother / Sister,
As it is known, living things are divided into three categories. Plants, animals and humans. Thus, there are three levels of life here. The first one is the life of plants, the second is animals and the highest level is humans.
In plants, instead of a spirit, there are some kinds of laws. They are laws of growth, development, differentiation, etc. The law which causes semi-living things such as plants - to develop - can be called biological spirit. They are laws of growth, development, differentiation, etc.
Actually, these laws exist in animals and humans, too. The levels of spirit in animals, that is, some feelings and perceptions they have, are at a far below level compared to humans.
Animals have a peculiar spirit, unconscious but favored with inspiration, specific to them.
On the other hand, humans have a spirit which is conscious, created by a direct order of Allah and given an external body.
It is appropriate to divide the realms of the living things, which form the subject matter of biology, into three as plants, animals and humans.
Fungi are included in the realm of plants.
If bacteria and living things with lower structures cannot be included in the realm of plants and animals, they will be regarded between these two realms.
Humans may be included in the realm of animals in terms of cell structure but they are completely different from animals in terms of spirit, consciousness and feelings. Man is the most honorable creature in terms of imagination, memory, curiosity, anxiety, reasoning, vision and meditation he has.
Jinn, angels and spirituality, who have spirits and consciousness, who are not related to the subject matter of biology, and in whose existence we believe, are included in the living things as owners of spirits.
Questions on Islam
- Do animals and plants have spirits?
- It is said that plants have some feelings. Do they have spirits? If they have no spirits, then how can we explain the existence of some feelings that they have?
- IS LIFE A STRUGGLE?
- Will you give information about animals’ obtaining their sustenance and the wisdom behind the violence among animals? Will the oppression and cruelty among animals be left unpunished? Why do our Lord show consent to it?
- BIOLOGICAL OBSTACLES AGAINST INTER-SPECIES EVOLUTION
- Why does Allah create disabled and mutated living beings?
- Is Allah- God forbid- a sadist since He allows animals to be savaged?
- Question 10: How would you explain the fact that apes act in a similar way to humans?
- Our biology teacher says that there is glycolysis cycle even in the simplest bacteria, and that the most developed species, which is human, also has this cycle and hence it is the most obvious evidence for evolution. Is this true?
- Fourth Branch: The explanation of the following verse: Everything prostrates before Almighty Allah. The specific worship of beings.