Did Hz. Yusuf (Joseph) have any children? If, yes, what are their names?
Submitted by on Fri, 27/11/2015 - 01:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
Hz. Yusuf's marriage and his children:
The King of Egypt married Hz. Yusuf off to Zulaykha, the wife of his previous prime minister. Hz. Yusuf said to Zulaykha,
"Is this not better than what you had wanted from me?"
"Do not blame me. As you can see, I was a beautiful woman living in wealth. My husband had no relations with women. Allah created you in a very beautiful way. As you knew, my soul overwhelmed me."
It is also stated that Zulaykha was virgin when she married Hz. Yusuf.
Yusuf had two sons called Efraim and Misha' and a daughter called Rahmah from Zulaykha.
Efraim: Yusha' b. Nun is the grandfather of Efraim. Misha' had a son called Musa; he became a prophet before Hz. Musa (Moses) b. Imran.
The People of the Torah (Jews) think and claim that the Musa that looked for Hz. Khidr was Musa b. Misha'; thus, they make a big mistake and tell a lie.
Questions on Islam
- Prophet Yusuf [Joseph] (Peace be upon him)
- Are there any hadiths of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) about Hz. Yusuf?
- Will you give information about the miracles of prophets being pioneers of the wonders of civilization?
- "Fallahu khayrun hafizan wa huwa arhamur rahimin." Who made this prayer? Will you explain it with its meaning?
- Is it not contrary to equality that Hz. Yaqub loved his son Hz. Yusuf more than his other sons?
- Did Hz. Musa get married? If yes, how many children did he have? What are his children's names?
- Prophet Ayyub [Job] (Peace be upon him)
- Was Hazrat Yusuf (Joseph) (pbuh) more beautiful than Muhammad (pbuh)? Which one was more beautiful?
- Prophet Isa [Jesus] (Peace be upon him)
- When Hz. Yusuf (Joseph) became an administrator in Egypt, had he started the duty of prophethood? Did he decree based on the laws of Allah when he was the prime minister in Egypt?