Can we perform tahajjud and make-up salah at night together? Which one should we do first?
Submitted by on Thu, 09/04/2020 - 12:03
Dear Brother / Sister,
Tahajjud salah is fardh for the Prophet (SAW) and sunnah for us. (Surah al-Isra 17/79)
However, it is fardh to perform a make-up salah for the ones who have missed prayers.
In this respect, one should perform make-up salah first and tahajjud after that.
However, it is also permissible to perform tahajjud prayer first and make-up prayer after that.
Questions on Islam
- What is negligence in salah?
- How was the sleeping pattern of the Prophet (pbuh)?
- How did the Prophet spend his twenty-four hours? What was his daily life like?
- Is it permissible to perform only the fards of the daily prayers and to abandon the sunnahs?
- Is there a prayer peculiar to the month of Muharram?
- How did people determine the time of imsak in the past? I heard from old people that they determined the time of imsak when it became bright enough to distinguish black thread from white thread. However, it is very dark at the time of imsak.
- What do you think about those who change their madhhab so as not to perform sunnah prayers?
- Will you explain the statement "eat and drink, until the white thread appears to you distinct from the black thread..." mentioned in verse 187 of the chapter of al-Baqara? How will people living at the poles perform fasting?
- What can be done on the night of Raghaib? How should we benefit from holy nights?
- At what time of the night is it more appropriate to perform tahajjud prayer?