alcohol during Ramadan
Details of the Questionsalaam, Just wanted to ask, if you have had an alcoholic drink during ramzaan, can you still fast? if not how long do you have to wait? i have heard its 40days but also heard its 72 hours before you can fast again so i wanted to make sure. Are any fasts you keep after kabool? i look forward to your reply. w.salaam
Submitted by on Sat, 20/09/2008 - 03:46
Dear Brother / Sister,
The fast starts at the first thread of light at dawn (between 1.5 and 2 hours before sunrise, depending on the time of year), and maintained until sunset (the beginning of night). Eating or drinking something during this time invalidates the fast. But one who drinks alcohol (even drinking alcohol is haram) in the other time of the day (in between the beginning of the night and the first thread of light at down) can fast. Drinking alcohol during the time specified above is not an obstacle for fasting.
Questions on Islam
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- How should the person who realizes when he wakes up that he is junub (ritually impure) continue with the fasting? Does getting blood drawn invalidate the fast?
- Will you write the verses of the Quran and Hadiths about Ramadan and Fasting?
- Should those who have difficulty in performing fasting due to their conditions perform fasting later or pay fidya?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?
- Research on Fasting
- Special File for Ramadan
- When does Suhur end?
THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS