Breaking the fast w/o excuse or not making the intention to fast from the night before.
Submitted by on Mon, 06/09/2010 - 23:22
Dear Brother / Sister,
In that case, you must perform kaffarah (60 days for 1 day) fasting. In addition, you must calculate and perform qada (1 day for 1 day) fasting for all of the days that you did not fast. If you do not know how many days you missed, you can estimate.
Questions on Islam
- What is the penalty in the hereafter for a person who does not perform fasting in Ramadan without any excuse?
- What is the sin of not fasting without any excuse?
- Is it a sin not to perform fasting in the month of Ramadan without any excuse? Will it be a sin if i skip Ramadan fasting without any excuse with the intention of fasting in winter? Will fasting performed in winter replace the fasting skipped in Ramadan?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Fasting
- Is it permissible to perform the fasting of Shawwal and the fasting of Qada together?
- After the three months and the fast of Shawwal
- Is it permissible for a person who does hard manual labor not to perform fasting? What are the excuses that makes it permissible for a person not to fast?
- What a fasting person should do as a Kaffarah (Atonement) when he/she does one of the things that invalidate the fast?
- How does Fasting Clean the Body? The World of Medicine is Investigating Fasting
- Does a woman who cannot fast in pregnancy perform fasting later or pay fidyah?