What is a sect?
A madhhab is the way followed, the method and view that is adopted. Religiously, a madhhab is the religious school formed by people who adopt the ideas and views of a mujtahid scholar.
There is difference among madhhabs in essentials. There are some differences in details that are not related to the essence of the religion.
Besides, no mujtahid emerged with the claim of setting up a madhhab based on his name. A madhhab was set up spontaneously based on the name of a mujtahid when some people adopted the judgments and decrees deduced from verses and hadiths by that mujtahid.
- The sources of the Religious Judgments and Decrees in Islam
- Is there a need for madhhabs? Can everyone not read the Quran and hadiths and make judgments?
- What is the condition of the ones who do not adhere to sects? Can you explain?
- How many kinds of madhhabs related to creed are there?
- What are the madhabs sects-school of thoughts- of practice?
- Where do the differences among madhhabs originate from?
- Reading Text: Why is the Emergence of Madhhabs Inevitable?
- What does mukallit-imitator mean in the Islamic terminology? Can you explain?
- How did madhhabs emerge?
- What is the reason of the differences between sects? Can you explain?