Is the difference of opinion among mujtahids an inconvenience?
No, on the contrary, those differences brought about mercy and ease for the ummah.
When people faced difficulty regarding an issue in a madhhab, they coped with that difficulty through an easier judgment of a different madhhab when there was real necessity. Thus, the existence of madhhabs enabled ease for the ummah.
Probably, that must be the meaning of the following hadith: “The difference of opinion in my ummah is mercy.”
- Where do the differences among madhhabs originate from?
- What is a sect?
- Reading Text: Why is the Emergence of Madhhabs Inevitable?
- How did madhhabs emerge?
- The sources of the Religious Judgments and Decrees in Islam
- The truth is one. We accept 4 madhhabs as true. How is it possible?
- How many kinds of madhhabs related to creed are there?
- Islam is a religion of ease.
- How many kinds of madhhabs are there?
- How many kinds of madhhabs related to fiqh are there?