Is the difference of opinion among mujtahids an inconvenience?
No, on the contrary, those differences brought about mercy and ease for the ummah.
When people faced difficulty regarding an issue in a madhhab, they coped with that difficulty through an easier judgment of a different madhhab when there was real necessity. Thus, the existence of madhhabs enabled ease for the ummah.
Probably, that must be the meaning of the following hadith: “The difference of opinion in my ummah is mercy.”
- What is a sect?
- Where do the differences among madhhabs originate from?
- Reading Text: Why is the Emergence of Madhhabs Inevitable?
- How did madhhabs emerge?
- What is Religion?
- What does to present hadiths to the Quran mean? Did our Prophet say, Present what came to you from me to the Book of Allah. If it is in accordance with the Quran, it is my word. If it is not, it is not my word? If he did say so, how should
- Is there a need for Mahdi?
- The sources of the Religious Judgments and Decrees in Islam
- Islam is a religion of ease.
- The truth is one. We accept 4 madhhabs as true. How is it possible?