Those who wait in the river of blood
5- Those who wait in the river of blood
Samura Ibn Jandab states the following in hadith included in Bukhari: The Prophet said, "This night I dreamt that two men came and took me to a Holy land where we proceeded on till we reached a river of blood, where a man was standing, and on its bank was standing another man with stones in his hands. The man in the middle of the river tried to come out, but the other threw a stone in his mouth and forced him to go back to his original place. So, whenever he tried to come out, the other man would throw a stone in his mouth and force him to go back to his former place. I asked, 'Who is this?' I was told, 'The person in the river was a riba (interest, usury) eater.” It should not be forgotten that dreams of the Prophet are true and what is shown to him in his dream is true and revelation. Our Prophet (pbuh) would not tell a dream that was untrue just for the sake of conversation.
Let us analyze the hadith now: There is a river of blood and a man standing in it; what he wants is to come out of this river and to be saved. Whenever he approaches the bank, somebody on the bank throws a stone in his mouth and he turns back. This incident is repeated whenever he wants to come out of the river. What is the crime of the person who is forced to stay in the river? To eat usury!
O he who eats usury! I am asking you now. Can you stand this torture? Can you stand staying in a river of blood while the people of Paradise swim in the rivers of Paradise? Definitely not! Since you cannot stand it, why do you keep committing the sin that will keep you in the river? Or, do you think you will not die and you will not be accounted? Or, do you doubt the words of the Prophet? If you are in doubt, know it very well that he will not say anything other than what is revealed to him. Whatever he says is true. Repent of the sin of usury and give up this sin. We hope Allah will forgive you and you will swim in the pools of Paradise instead of the river of blood.
- Those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger
- The verses about usury (interest)
- The Prophet was told the following in a dream: "The one whose head you saw being crushed is the one whom Allah taught the Quran but who slept at night and did not act in accordance with it during the day" What is meant by sleeping at night in this hadith?
- People whose bellies are like houses and full of snakes
- Taking interest!!!!
- Those who touch the dust of usury
- Can jinn possess men?
- The accepter of interest and its payer are cursed
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- Is it permissible to work in banks and insurance companies?