The accepter of interest and its payer are cursed
4- The accepter of interest and its payer are cursed.
Jabir Ibn Abdullah said, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) cursed the accepter of interest and its payer, and one who records it, and the witnesses, and he said: They are all equal in terms of sins.” (Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasai, Ibn Majah)
I want to show this hadith to those who say, “I do not devour usury; I have only got a bank loan to buy a house or a car" and tell them that what is forbidden is not usury (interest) only. To pay interest, to record (write) it and to be a witness of the transaction is also forbidden. Our Prophet (pbuh) stated that the accepter of interest and its payer, and one who records it, and the witnesses are equal in terms of sins.
What happened to the Muslims of this age? They changed the name of usury (interest) as credit and regard it as halal. Does usury become halal when we change its name and call it credit? A person who gets usury says, "I got credit" not "I got interest". Does he think he will not be held responsible when he calls interest credit? Or does he not know that credit is interest? He knows it very well but he finds an excuse for it as he does for the other sins; he thinks he will be saved due to this excuse. That is, he does what he always does and deceives himself.
- Those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger
- The verses about usury (interest)
- Those who touch the dust of usury
- banking job
- What are the hadiths of the Prophet about commerce and commercial ethics?
- Are there any sins that cause man to remain in Hell forever?
- Why is Interest Forbidden?
- What is Interest and why is it Forbidden?
- Is it permissible to work in banks and insurance companies?
- People whose bellies are like houses and full of snakes