Submitted by on Sun, 15/08/2010 - 23:05
Dear Brother / Sister,
It is not permissible to work in a riba-based bank.
From Jabir : The Prophet, , may cursed the receiver and the payer of interest, the one who records it and the two witnesses to the transaction and said: "They are all alike [In guilt]." (Muslim, Kitab al-Musaqat, Bab la'ni akili al-riba wa mu'kilihi; also in Tirmidhi and Musnad Ahmad)
Questions on Islam
- Mob punishing the Criminal
- Which type of Riba is Al-riba?
- Is it permissible to have insurance, motor insurance and to work for an insurance company?
- Is private life insurance permissible?
- Is the money that a person earns by working in a bank haram? Can his children spend the earning of that person?
- Why is Interest Forbidden?
- What is Interest and why is it Forbidden?
- Those who touch the dust of usury
- Is it permissible to work in banks and insurance companies?
- The Muslims working in countries like Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands deposit their money in banks in order to keep them. Is it permissible to receive the interest given by the banks?