Second Step: Those who descend to the earth from the skies and ascend to the heavens.
SECOND STEP: The earth and the heavens are connected to one another like two countries under a single government. There are important relations and transactions between them. Things necessary for the earth like light, heat, blessings, and mercy in the form of rain come from the sky, that is, they are sent. According to the consensus of the revealed religions, which are founded on revelation, and the agreement of all those who uncover the mysteries of the universe, relying on what they have witnessed, the angels and spirit beings descend to the earth from the skies. From this it may be understood through a surmise so certain it can almost be felt that for the inhabitants of the earth there is a way to ascend to the heavens.
Indeed, everyone’s mind, imagination, and gaze perpetually rise to the skies. So too, having discarded all heaviness do the spirits of the prophets and saints rise there with Allah’s permission, and having stripped off their bodies, the spirits of the dead. Since those who become light and subtle rise to the heavens, for sure, one sort of the inhabitants of the earth and the air who are clothed in what resembles a body and are light and subtle like spirits may rise there.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- The Fifteenth Word: The living beings, angels, the Jinn and devils in space.
- First Step: The existence of Angels and the purpose of their creation.
- Fifth Step: The stoning of evils by angels.
- Seventh Step: Three meanings for the stoning of devils.
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- Introduction: An overview about the duties of servitude of angels and spiritual beings and their kinds.
- Isra and the Miracle of Miraj (Ascension)
- Can there be a connection between Hz. Isa and the concept “spirit or amr (affair)”?
- When and how did the miracles of Isra and Miraj, which are among the greatest miracles of the Prophet (pbuh) take place? How did the Prophet (pbuh) narrate this incident?