Seventh Step: Three meanings for the stoning of devils.
SEVENTH STEP: As with angels and fish, there are numerous different varieties of stars. Some are extremely small, and some are extremely large. Everything that shines in the sky even is called a star. Thus, the stars of one sort that the Glorious Creator and Beauteous Maker created are like the embossed decorations on the face of the delicate heavens, and the shining fruits of that tree, and the praising and extolling fishes of its seas. Others He made the places of excursion and thousands of dwelling-places for the angels. And one sort of small star He made the means for driving off devils. Thus, these shooting stars fired to repulse satans may have three meanings:
The First: They are a sign and indication that the law of contest is also in force in the vastest sphere.
The Second: There are vigilant guards and obedient inhabitants in the heavens. The shooting stars are a proclamation and indication that there are Divine forces found there who are displeased at the rebellion of evil dwellers on the earth, and their eavesdropping on them.
The Third: It is the rejection and repulsion with shooting stars like missiles and signal rockets of spying satans, which are the execrable representatives of the filth of the earth, from the portals of the heavens, so that they do not soil the pure and clean and the dwelling-place of the pure, the skies; to prevent them spying on account of evil spirits, and to scare off mannerless spies.
And so, Astronomer Sir, who relies on the torch in his head like a fire-fly and shuts his eyes to the sun of the Qur’an! Open your eyes, put aside the torch in your head, and see within the light of miraculousness as bright as daylight the meaning of the verse at the beginning! Take one star of truth from the heavens of that verse, cast it at the satan in your head, and drive away your own devil! And we must do the same. Together we should say,
O my Sustainer! I seek refuge with you from the suggestions of the Evil Ones.
And Allah’s is the eloquent proof and the decisive wisdom. (1)
All glory be unto You! We have no knowledge save that which You have taught us; indeed, You are All-Knowing, All-Wise. (2)
(1) Qur’an, 23:97.
(2) Qur’an, 2.32.
Please click on the following link to continue reading;
- Fifth Step: The stoning of evils by angels.
- The Fifteenth Word: The living beings, angels, the Jinn and devils in space.
- Third Step: The importance of man and the reason why the earth gains value as much as the heavens.
- Sixth Step: Indications for the aspects of Divine Sovereignty in the stoning of devils.
- Gleams: Flowers from the Seeds of Reality. A short ‘Mathnawi’ and collection on the subject of belief for the Risale-i Nur students.
- THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT JINN
- The Third Letter explains that there are infinite difficulties in the way of unbelief.
- What is the purpose or benefit of Satan in wanting to deviate man until the day of judgement?
- Fourth Matter: The death of the world and the strike of the Doomsday is explained with the sudden collision of a planet or comet.
- "And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire." (al-Mulk, 67/5) Will you explain this verse?