Is it permissible to eat or drink from silver or golden plates and cups or to make wudu from them?
It is definitely not permissible to use golden and silver plates to eat, drink or make wudu. However, women can use them as ornaments. Men are allowed to wear only silver rings. There is no objection to using things made of materials other than gold and silver.
If the thing is not pure gold or silver and if it consists of some other materials, the material which is in majority is taken into consideration. If gold or silver is in majority, that plate or cup cannot be used. Accordingly, it is obvious that it is permissible to use plates or cups that were dipped in aqua regia because the amount of gold or silver in those plates is less than the other materials.
- Is it permissible to eat, to drink and to make wudu using silver or golden receptacles? How should we understand the following hadith: "A person who drinks something from a silver receptacle allows hellfire flow into his abdomen" (Bukhari-No:1904)?
- What is Taharah (Cleanliness)?
- Is it permissible to eat and drink water from the plates or cups of polytheists and People of the Book?
- What is the judgment about putting on gold teeth or plating the teeth with gold?
- Do dental filling and plating prevent the validity of ghusl?
- What are the makruh acts of ghusl?
- The things that are makruh for people who have to make ghusl
- What things are haram for people who have to make ghusl?
- Issues related to ghusl