Is it in man's power to believe?
It is Allah who grants people belief. However, He gives it to His slaves who want it. A slave wants guidance from Allah and Allah gives it to him.
According to the tafsir of Sa'd Taftazani, belief is "a luminous light granted by the Eternal Sun (God Almighty) and a gleam from the endless bliss."(Said Nursi, İşârâtü'l-İ'câz)
- Do genes have any effect on whether a person will believe or not? Does this case eliminate man's responsibility?
- What is Belief?
- INTRODUCTION / EPISTEMOLOGY OF BELIEF
- THE LABORATORY OF THE UNIVERSE AS A METAPHOR
- SCIENCE, RELIGION AND BELIEF SYSTEMS
- Will you explain through examples the positive effects of belief in Allah on man's life?
- Hazrat Abdullah, the Prophet’s Father