What is Belief?
BELIEF means trusting, heartily believing some news given to one, approving the one that brings the new, believing in something without any hesitation.
As an Islamic term, "BELIEF" means to believe in Allah,that there is no god except Him, that Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) is Allah's slave and Messenger, in Allah's angels, books, Day of Judgment, qadar (predestination) and that the good and the bad are created by Allah. (Bukhari, Iman, 37; Muslim, Iman, 1, 5, 7; Abu Dawud, Sunnah, 15) They are fundamentals of belief.
According to the tafsir of Sa'd Taftazani, belief is "the luminous light placed in the heart of a slave that Allah Almighty wishes after this slave uses his partial free will."
According to Badiuzzaman Said Nursi, belief is
"a luminous light granted by the Eternal Sun (Allah Almighty) and a gleam from the endless bliss."(İşaratü'l-îcâz, p. 44.)
- Is it true that the Prophet was transferred into His mother’s womb on the night of Raghaib?
- Why does Allah make a slave go astray according to the following verse: "…Allah guideth not such as He leaves to stray…" (an-Nahl, 16/37)?
- Will you please give information about the miracle of Isra (Night Journey) and Miraj (Ascension)?
- Will you give evidences from verses of the Quran and hadiths about the issue of seeing Allah in the hereafter?
- Are the similitudes in the Quran incidents that took place?
- Is there penalty in the grave? What are the verses in the Quran related to penalty in the grave? If there is penalty in the grave, will it be for the body or the spirit? Is penalty in the grave contrary to Allah’s mercy?
- Will you explain verse 186 of the chapter of al-Baqara?
- Will you answer the claims related to the Quran, the Gospel and Islamic contradictions?
- In what sense is the concept “book” used in the Quran? Is it used in the sense of mushaf (the Quran in the form of a book) in any verses?
- What is the explanation of the chapter of ad-Duha and the reason why it was sent down?