What is Belief?
BELIEF means trusting, heartily believing some news given to one, approving the one that brings the new, believing in something without any hesitation.
As an Islamic term, "BELIEF" means to believe in Allah,that there is no god except Him, that Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) is Allah's slave and Messenger, in Allah's angels, books, Day of Judgment, qadar (predestination) and that the good and the bad are created by Allah. (Bukhari, Iman, 37; Muslim, Iman, 1, 5, 7; Abu Dawud, Sunnah, 15) They are fundamentals of belief.
According to the tafsir of Sa'd Taftazani, belief is "the luminous light placed in the heart of a slave that Allah Almighty wishes after this slave uses his partial free will."
According to Badiuzzaman Said Nursi, belief is
"a luminous light granted by the Eternal Sun (Allah Almighty) and a gleam from the endless bliss."(İşaratü'l-îcâz, p. 44.)
- Why does Allah make a slave go astray according to the following verse: "…Allah guideth not such as He leaves to stray…" (an-Nahl, 16/37)?
- Will you give evidences from verses of the Quran and hadiths about the issue of seeing Allah in the hereafter?
- Are the similitudes in the Quran incidents that took place?
- Will you answer the claims related to the Quran, the Gospel and Islamic contradictions?
- Will you explain verse 186 of the chapter of al-Baqara?
- In what sense is the concept “book” used in the Quran? Is it used in the sense of mushaf (the Quran in the form of a book) in any verses?
- What is the explanation of the chapter of ad-Duha and the reason why it was sent down?
- Why is Hz. Aisha’s innocence narrated in ten verses in the Quran?
- The following is stated for man in the following verses: "Man is ungrateful" (al-Adiyat, 100/6), "unjust" (Ibrahim, 14/34), "Where is the refuge?" (al-Qiyama, 75/10), What is meant by "man (insan)" in the verses above?
- Do natural events such as daytime-night and winter and summer occur in Heaven?