What is Belief?
BELIEF means trusting, heartily believing some news given to one, approving the one that brings the new, believing in something without any hesitation.
As an Islamic term, "BELIEF" means to believe in Allah,that there is no god except Him, that Hz. Muhammad (pbuh) is Allah's slave and Messenger, in Allah's angels, books, Day of Judgment, qadar (predestination) and that the good and the bad are created by Allah. (Bukhari, Iman, 37; Muslim, Iman, 1, 5, 7; Abu Dawud, Sunnah, 15) They are fundamentals of belief.
According to the tafsir of Sa'd Taftazani, belief is "the luminous light placed in the heart of a slave that Allah Almighty wishes after this slave uses his partial free will."
According to Badiuzzaman Said Nursi, belief is
"a luminous light granted by the Eternal Sun (Allah Almighty) and a gleam from the endless bliss."(İşaratü'l-îcâz, p. 44.)
- Are the similitudes in the Quran incidents that took place?
- The following is stated for man in the following verses: "Man is ungrateful" (al-Adiyat, 100/6), "unjust" (Ibrahim, 14/34), "Where is the refuge?" (al-Qiyama, 75/10), What is meant by "man (insan)" in the verses above?
- Why is Hz. Aisha’s innocence narrated in ten verses in the Quran?
- "The Companions did not start to learn new verses before they memorized ten verses and practiced them." Will you give information about the statement above? Will you explain the place of the Quran in the life of the Companions?
- Why does the Quran not mention "the new world"? Does it comply with pagan faiths? Pig, which is raised a lot in the Arabic world, is prohibited but there is no information about the Komodo dragon.
- What is the explanation of the chapter of ad-Duha and the reason why it was sent down?
- The Prophet was told the following in a dream: "The one whose head you saw being crushed is the one whom Allah taught the Quran but who slept at night and did not act in accordance with it during the day" What is meant by sleeping at night in this hadith?
- Are the explanations about the pronoun "hu (he/it)" mentioned in verse 61 of the chapter of az-Zukhruf debatable? What/Whom does that pronoun indicate?
- What should we do so as not to lose our belief?
- How long will the time period between two resurrections be?