In what way is denying Allah regarded a boundless murder?
All of the beings in the universe witness Allah’s existence and oneness. A person who denies them is regarded to have committed as many murders as the number of beings. Besides, it is regarded as a boundless murder because it is disrespect shown to the rights of those beings.
As you know, the origin of the diamond and coal is the same: carbon. However, one of them becomes diamond and the other becomes coal because of the difference in their formation. Something that became coal cannot be diamond by any means now. The origin of man is the same, too. His father is Adam (pbuh) and his structure is earth. However, due to the difference in the formation, one becomes like diamond and another one becomes like coal. A person who prefers to be an unbeliever and dies loses the property of being a diamond, that is, being a believer, no matter how long he lives because he is rotten to the core. Therefore, if he had lived forever, he would have lived as an unbeliever. That is, the murder committed by the unbeliever is endless.
Allah gave man endless bounties. For instance, one of them is the feeling of eternity. This feeling was given to us so that we would understand Allah, who is eternal, and the existence of the realm of the hereafter, where we will live forever. To deny such an eternal feeling and not to thank this bounty enough is a boundless murder.
A very small piece of fire, though it may seem small, can burn down a building and even a city if it is not extinguished. A very small amount of poison can kill a man. It is important to take into consideration their destruction, not their material appearance, and take measures accordingly.
Similarly, man may be weak, thin, faulty and small materially. However, the destruction and oppression he causes and the damage he does is endless.
Thus, denying Allah is a boundless murder. Therefore, a person who denies Allah is regarded to have committed a boundless murder; and the punishment for it should be boundless.
- Allah is endless, pre-eternal and post-eternal. Denying the eternal one is an eternal murder.
- The evidence of Allah’s existence and oneness is endless. Denying so much evidence is a boundless murder.
- Allah’s personality, attributes and names are endless.Denying an endless being and His attributes is an endless murder.
- Allah’s bounties are also endless. If "a person who has been bestowed so many bounties from his organs to his cells, from his spirit to his feelings, from the world on which he travels to the air that cleans his blood through each breath he takes, from the night to the day, from the sun to the moon, from the vegetables to the fruits and from milk to honey" revolts against Allah as if he is denying all those bounties, he will have shown ingratitude against them and committed a boundless murder.
- Both the organs that function in our body and the beings that surround us and help us are very valuable works. Ignoring these miracles, the wisdom behind them and the meanings they have and thinking that they are not worth considering is a boundless murder.
- The reality of every being is based on one or more names of Allah. The realm of beings is full of the manifestations of divine names. Ignoring these beings means ignoring the divine names manifest on them. This means a revolt against the endless majesty of God almighty and a boundless murder.
- The most important one among those beings is man himself. If man, who is a mirror for all of the names of Allah, who is his guest, who has been honored by being invited to Paradise and who is the vicegerent on earth due to the loftiness of the abilities he has, uses this superior nature and ability in the way of unbelief and disobedience, he will use all of the manifestations of the nouns manifest on him in the way of evil and disobedience; thus, he will show great disrespect to those great names, which is a big and boundless murder on its own.
- The sin and murder of the denier is in a limited period of time but the murder of the endless evidence and witnesses of oneness is a boundless murder. This necessitates endless punishment.
- The denial of the divine names by unbelief is a boundless murder against Allah, whom these names define.
- This murder is boundless because man damps down the abilities like the mind, heart and consciousness related to eternity and misuses them in a way to deserve Hell by destroying them; it necessitates boundless punishment.
It is fair and just to endlessly punish a person who commits endless murders like that. It is Allah's grant and grace when He does not eliminate such a person and transforms his punishment into life imprisonment.
Badiuzzaman Said Nursi dealt with the issue through different aspects and made explanations that would persuade the mind and satisfy the heart. An unbeliever commits endless murders through his denial.
For, responding to all of the evidences of Divine Unity with unbelief, and to all of the bounties with ingratitude, accusing all creatures of being valueless, insulting them in an unbelieving manner, anddenying all of the manifestations of the Divine Names are all boundless murders.
- Belief makes a believer gain endless bliss since it is the source of all kinds of beauty, happiness and flavors. Denial is just the opposite of it. Denial naturally makes an unbeliever gain endless troubles, disasters and torture. (see Nursi, İşaratu’l-İ’caz, p. 80–81)
Muhyiddin al-Arabi and some Islamic scholars hold the view that after those who deny Allah serve their sentence in Hell due to their bad deeds in the world, they will get used to the fire as a result of divine mercy, will be punished less severely and they will be rewarded for their good deeds in the world.
- Badiuzzaman Said Nursi says: “After unbelievers serve their sentence in Hell due to their bad deeds in the world, they will get used to the fire as a result of divine mercy and will be punished less severely. There is a sign in a hadith that they will be rewarded for their good deeds in the world as a result of divine mercy.” (İşaratu’l-İ’câz, 81–82)
- How can man be responsible for his action eternally?
- Why is Hell eternal for unbelievers?
- How can it be justice for unbelievers to remain in Hell eternally? Why should torture in Hell be eternal? Why did Allah create Hell though His compassion is more than that of a mother?
- Belief in the Hereafter # 3: The Proof of Dignity
- Why does Allah want to be known and His attributes to be manifest? Does it give Him a divine delight?
- The Third Proof: The Proof of Dignity
- First Topic: Divine Determining, the power of choice (partial free will); the creation of good and evil; the responsibility of man.
- The Eleventh Word: The meanings that prescribed prayers express. The aims of the creation of senses and faculties of man. The nine aims of human life.
- Is the creation of hell and the devil not contrary to the understanding of a perfect creator (Allah)?
- The Second Station of the Thirteenth Word: The grave, youth and some issues about prisoners and blood feud